I bought a new curve 8310.

I suspect whether its a new one or not.

The core software installed was 4.2 version and the latest was 4.5.

And i see some scratches under the battery(on metal inside under battery)

Was it new or refurbished...or its normal for new curve.
    02-04-09 01:24 AM
    Where did you get this "new" Curve from?
    02-04-09 01:26 AM
    Coming with OS 4.2 does not mean its not new. The scratches are a little iffy (just minor or quite a few?). Mine came with 4.2 and a friend bought one two days ago and it also had 4.2

If in doubt and you got it at a store take it back if you are uncomfortable...
    02-04-09 01:30 AM
    I got mine brand new and it came with 4.2. Mine also had a little black mark in the back, almost looked like a sharpie or something.
    02-04-09 01:36 AM
    My Pearl had a sharpie mark on a metal component on the main board, but I got it off a reseller on eBay. It was advertised as used.
    02-04-09 01:42 AM
    i bought from wirefly ...and i got scratches on a metal component on the main board under battery...what do u say ???
    02-04-09 02:06 AM
    when my wife got her curve the other day it was brand spankng new and hers still had the 4.2 os on it. prob just depends on where you got it from. they may have had a bunch of older on still in stock and you got one of those that still had 4.2 os on it. no biggee thought. its easy as pie to update with the 4.5. i did mine in maybe 30 minutes. just go look for a thread from ghostshell he explains how to do it perfectly and easy.
    02-04-09 11:30 AM
    I bought mine brand new directly from an AT&T Kiosk not that long ago and it had 4.2 as an operating system and had a small scratch on it. Because it was the last red one they had I took it anyway.

They also installed my SIM card and battery. Depending on where you bought it from, if they had done the same, that could account for the scratch.

I did however update my DM to 4.6 and the OS to 4.5.0.124 following the directions in the sticky.

I guess it depends on where you bought it and if they did anything for you (like installing the SIM card and/or battery) However I don't believe that what you are describing necessarily indicates that the phone is NOT new.

Just my .02

02-04-09 11:44 AM
    thanks..for all.......
    02-04-09 12:37 PM
    So I just purchased a new ATT curve for Christmas and im kinda regretting it. It is version 4.2, runs slow, and freezes on me. I always get the litle blue arrows and hour glass when nothing is happening and i had the marks on the inside of my phone too. I dont know what to do
    My 8125 was just as good as this thing
    02-04-09 01:02 PM
    So I just purchased a new ATT curve for Christmas and im kinda regretting it. It is version 4.2, runs slow, and freezes on me. I always get the litle blue arrows and hour glass when nothing is happening and i had the marks on the inside of my phone too. I dont know what to do
    My 8125 was just as good as this thing
    Update your OS to 4.5.0.xx as appropriate for you phone, and you may notice significant improvements. Also, if you have media on the device, and no sD card, get one and move the media there.

Ignore the scratches inside the device, they mean nothing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD