I scratched the screen on my 2 day old BB. Ugh..they are faint but I want to get rid of them. Any ideas how? Thanks for any help provided.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 04:54 PM
    Do what I did.

1. Buy one of these

2. Buy one of these. I have the Screen Protector version only seeing as I have a full-blown case on as well.
    05-03-09 05:02 PM
    I highly suggest bestskinsever. Your screen won't look as clear as it does now but you'll never have to worry about scratches

05-03-09 05:05 PM
    Carry it in a case when you go somewhere. I carry it in the case it comes in. I know it doesn't look the coolest but the case automatically puts it in standby mode and locks the keys plus it protects it.

I don't keep it in the case at home but I do put it in the case when I go somewhere.

I know the damage is already done but do it so you don't do more damage. Do you have insurance on this phone? How bad is the crack? If it's bad enough to be a problem then turn it in on the insurance.
    05-03-09 05:10 PM
    The phone has a scratch; it's not like it's not working at all. Phones actually substain less damage when they're not treated like they're more important than human life. But a screen protector on it and worry about more important things.

05-03-09 06:33 PM
    Mine has a few scratches but not on the screen. I admit it hurt when I saw it. I dropped it once. It didn't hurt it. A few small scratches but they are made to take it. I don't like the way screen protectors work. If I get a bad enough scratch I'll get a new one.

I just got this one and will be keeping it for one year and upgrading. So around next May i'll have whatever is the best Blackberry at that time.

Already excited to see what new technology rolls out from now and then!
    05-04-09 04:59 AM
    I heard you can fill scratches in with a petroleum jelly, but haven't tried it myself. I have a screen protector and that protects and hides old scratches.
    05-04-09 05:13 AM
    I highly suggest bestskinsever. Your screen won't look as clear as it does now but you'll never have to worry about scratches

Here's the link:

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

They are just as good as Zagg's Invisible Shield but cheaper. They will also cover minor scratches when you put them on the screen.
    05-04-09 05:38 AM
    I have the bodyglove case which has a thick hard screen so it'll proctect the bb screen itself. I've tried screen protectors but they bubble and start to come off eventually. Waste of money. Just get a case and be careful, the phone can be fixed or replaced, its not a big deal.

05-04-09 08:19 AM
    Jell Toothpaste, or maybe rain X
    05-04-09 08:32 AM
    I scratched it..now what do I do?
    Sniff it!
    05-04-09 08:38 AM
    Jell Toothpaste, or maybe rain X
    RainX is not to be used on lexan/plastic.

05-04-09 08:41 AM
    Rain X Extreme?...for Plastic, never tried it,...but most scratch issues with CDs,DVDs,eyeglasses etc,.....jelly toothpaste
    05-04-09 09:41 AM
    My suggestion is IGNORE IT... no matter what you do the damn thing will get scratched eventually.. i am on my 3rd 8330 and have scratched each one of them no matter how much i try and be careful.. Even the screen protectors dont fully help (somehow you can scratch the inside of the lens... not sure how but i have done it)
    05-04-09 10:18 AM
    .....Love That Otterbox
    05-04-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD