I hooked my 8330 to my Desktop manager a little bit ago, intent on transfering some phone book items to my mail program. The manager told me there were updates available, so I told it to go ahead and install the updates. Halfway through, an error message popped up on my computer, saying it couldn't continue because my phone wasn't plugged in. Maybe my internet connection burbed or something. I don't know. Everything was plugged in fine--I checked the cable, and it was plugged in okay, so I don't know.

So I checked the phone, and all I had was a white screen with the icon titles listed in a column on it. I can't exit out of that. I can scroll up and down the list, but if I click on any of those listed applications, I get error messages.

If this info helps, the error message I get if I click on "Addresses" says:
    Error starting
    net_rim_bb_addressbook
    _app: Module
    'net_rim_xml_org' not
    found

And if I click on the Calculator, it the error message is:

Uncaught exception:
    Cannont find image:
    background_

I'm at a loss. I'm not completely illiterate, but this one is beyond me. I tried powering down, but nothing happens. So I took out the battery, put it back in, and it powered up but didn't even show my Verizon screen as it was powering up like the phone usually does. When my little sand timer went away, that white screen with the column listing my applications flashed back up.

I even tried a new battery just in case (I had one handy), but that didn't change anything. And it won't let me power DOWN. I can't leave that white screen for nothin'.

Help?? Did this have something to do with the Desktop Manager issue? Is there a system reboot key combination or soemthing that might help?

I appreciate any thoughts you have!
    01-25-10 01:02 PM
    you are going to need to do a whole reload of the os of the bb device system. you can do a search on this site for the info on how to do that, or contact your provider tech support for the location of where to get the sw.
    01-25-10 01:05 PM
    Do you have any backups made with desktop manager? It is very important to make backups before attempting updates of any kind. If you don't have any backups, you WILL lose all your data, contacts, and messages.

You can download and install the OS for your BB, if you don't already have it on your computer, here:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

Then follow the How to Recover a Dead Blackberry, or Reload the Operating System on a Nuked Blackberry procedures, links in my sig below. This all depends on your computer being able to detect the BB's pin though.

You might have to wipe your BB using jl cmndr first:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Then reload the OS using the upgrade/downgrade link in my sig below.
    01-25-10 01:14 PM
    Try doing a search on your computer for *.ipd, make sure you search hidden and system files, usually it is under Advanced. If you have a file named loaderbackup(date).ipd with today's date, then you can use that file to restore your data after reloading the OS.
    01-25-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD