Ok let me start off by saying i have a Blackberry 8330 Curve the blackberry version and its a ****ty phone to begin with but the no contract sounded good at first...
    So let me get to the problem with my phone, my keyboard is disable I can't answer calls or even get into my phone at all.
    I called boost for a replacement phone and they told me it will be 15 days to recieve it, its been a month already!
    I've followed up the status today, now there telling me there was no notes of an issued replacement phone case made, so now they said to try to re-download the software if my keyboard doesnt work.

So I talked to a representative, he recommended to download Blackberry device software, I did so.
    I connected my blackberry to the usb to start the Device software steps, and than went ahead with the process to basicly remove all software and reinstall it to the same way it was when it was manufactured.
    In middle of process it said It failed to connect, because once I connected my Blackberry to thusb to start the device softare surely after that when it started to intall it shut the phone off and it just started blinking red (and no my phone didnt die) ,
    It adviced me to edit the usb root hub (in my pc laptop) goes to properties and power management and select yes for premission to turn off device power to save energy, i clicked ok pressed retry, it failed again...
    And it said same steps except i missed to disconnect from usb for 10 seconds than reconnect, and repeat same action with thye usb hub and retry to the Blackberry device software installation, it failed a third time so I just stopped it and now my Blackberry is blinking red I thought it was JUST DEAD but Its connect to my charger as I write this and its still blinking red,
    Could the failed attempts of the Device software installation damaged my Blackberry were it is now un-usuable, I was counting on being able to fix this problem until i recieve my replacement phone, which I suppose top recieve a long time ago.

IF I CONFUSE YOU WITH WHAT I AM SAYING LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REPHRASE ANYTHING YOU MIGHT NEED TO UNDERSTAND TO HELP ME
    Last edited by GemsOfGemz; 12-02-10 at 04:25 PM.
    12-02-10 04:19 PM
    Here's a great place to start. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 05:53 PM
    I don't think failed OS loads can do any permanent damage to your BB. My recommendation is to download a program called BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK). Choose wipe OS then Load OS. There is a good tutorial at BBTweaks.com. Good luck.

12-02-10 07:40 PM
    Get BBSAK, wipe and load. This should get you back on your BB in no time. DO NOT remove the USB at any time during the process. Your device will reboot several times during the process. With OS 4 on the 83XX, it could take more than a half hour. Be patient and let the program do it's thing. Good luck. You've come to the right place!

12-02-10 08:14 PM
    if you cant get the software re-loaded to the phone, call up Boost and complain a little more. how long have you had the phone? they should have SOME kind of warranty for it.
    12-03-10 07:03 AM
    if you cant get the software re-loaded to the phone, call up boost and complain a little more. How long have you had the phone? They should have some kind of warranty for it.

i appreciate the feedback from all you guess, i chose the correct forum, but now boost said i already had 2 replacement phones and under warranty theres limited too, so i'm follow the steps ya told me.

I have had my phone since feb of this year, i'm sending complaints to all the representative i've talked to
    12-04-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD