Not showing up on my blackberry. I have an AOL account, which works fine, and a new Windows Live account. My Windows Live E-mail is not showing up on my BB Curve. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    01-24-10 07:09 AM
    Have you configured the account on either the Verizon BIS website, or from the phone itself?
    01-24-10 07:12 AM
    Directly from the phone....

Okay so about ten minutes after I sent the test e-mail, it finally arrived on my bb. Does Hotmail and Windows Live usually have a long delay? This is my first windows Live account, and I am used to AOL and it's speed.

Thanks folks,
    SPR
    Last edited by TSSnowSPR; 01-24-10 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Edited to add updated info
    01-24-10 07:13 AM
    Working as designed.
    01-24-10 08:22 AM
    Some of the test e-mails are taking longer than ten minutes to arrive to the blackberry, but show up in the online mailbox almost instantly.....
    This doesn't seem right to me? If I send a test e-mail from my AOL acct it is online and at the BB in seconds....Hotmail and Live are online instantly and at the BB in longer than ten minutes?????????????????????
    Thanks,
    Sean
    01-24-10 08:29 AM
    I have no idea why all those question marks are necessary. Chill.

Here's how BlackBerry email push works.

The BlackBerry servers check for new messages.
    If it finds new messages, it pushes them to the device.
    Then it checks again in 2-3 minutes.
    If it doesn't find new messages, it checks again in 15 minutes.
    Then it checks again in 2-3 minutes.
    Then the cycle repeats.

AOL Mail works differently. It, along with a handful of others (Yahoo Mail for one), push nearly instantly. Other POP3 mails do not.
    01-24-10 08:38 AM
    LOL, Thanks MM I was Chilled Those questions marks represented the confusion mounting in my head that was all....I thank you for your time and in depth explanation ;-)
    Thanks again,
    Sean
    01-24-10 08:40 AM
    Sean I set up a bb email account on the device and then went to my providers email site and had them cc or forward the mail. This will send it instantly but shows uo in your bb account on device...

Hi Mama??????????
    01-24-10 10:34 AM
    Hi, Tom!

I just use my Yahoo account when I need an email message instantly.
    01-24-10 01:43 PM
    I just need the one account the others I just have on the device. I have google but the only reason is I think google sync works better with it on the phone. No one knows the address..
    01-24-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD