I just got my first blackberry today and can't seem to figure out how to browse the net. The sales person told me to click on the "world", which I did, but it only lets me search the blackberry site. How do I get to Google?

I know the questions are elementary for the rest of you, so please be kind!

Also, I downloaded some ringers off of this site, but can't seem to find them on the phone. I know they are there, as I played them as soon as I got them. I just want to add them to different contacts.

Thanks!!
    01-22-10 11:28 PM
    Tap your blackberry button, apps button. hit go-to type in where u want to go. go to profiles, edit profiles everything u need is in there
    01-22-10 11:43 PM
    the second part is for your ringtones. you can change for mms, sms, calls, facebook, messenger etc. hope i was help to u.
    01-22-10 11:45 PM
    In your browser (your world icon) hit menu, options, (I believe ) in General page down and set your home page to google.com or something. I assume you have set up an email account through BIS.

Your tones maybe on the card or the device (always load to card to save memory) Go to your media icon and your tones maybe in ringtones or music. If in music highlight the tone, menu make this a ringtone then you can use it in profiles. For detailed info on setting up tones you might read the blackberry 101's in blackberry help top part of page here.
    01-23-10 03:07 AM
    Here's the BB 101 lecture for ringtones:

BlackBerry 101: How to Download and Install Ringtones on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

When you have he time, go through some of the other topics as well. The link to the series is in my sig below.
    01-23-10 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD