Like when I plugged my phone up to my laptop and took it out; I couldn't find any of my media on my phone. My pics will show up but it's different than normal. But nothing else will show up. But when I plug it up; everything still shows up on my laptop. Just not on my phone after I unplug it. Help?:/
    04-10-09 09:53 PM
    Try going to Media, press the Menu key, select Explore.

If your files aren't in the right folders, the easiest way to move them around is using Mass Storage Mode (plugged into your PC).
    04-10-09 09:56 PM
    Okay I tried that but it seemed like everything was right. But now my music will show up but my videos, ringtones, and voicenotes won't show up. And when I go to my pics they don't just all show up; I have to click Blackberry and then like click pics and then they show up.
    04-10-09 10:01 PM
    If you have recently installed your media card, or have recently added content on your media card, you will notice the "scanning" progress bar at the bottom of the Media app window.

Until the "scanning" progress bar goes away, you will not be able to see all of the content, or any of the content in some cases.
    04-10-09 10:06 PM
    Are you talking about on my phone or on my laptop window with all my media?
    04-10-09 10:09 PM
    Are you talking about on my phone or on my laptop window with all my media?
    On your BB.
    04-10-09 10:10 PM
    I don't see any progress bar.
    04-10-09 10:13 PM
    Okay I tried that but it seemed like everything was right. But now my music will show up but my videos, ringtones, and voicenotes won't show up. And when I go to my pics they don't just all show up; I have to click Blackberry and then like click pics and then they show up.
    You're talking about on your PC here, right?
    04-10-09 10:15 PM
    No. Everything will show up on my PC. But only some will show up on my phone. And I have to click through stuff to get to my pictures.
    04-10-09 10:17 PM
    No. Everything will show up on my PC. But only some will show up on my phone. And I have to click through stuff to get to my pictures.
    I'm confused, if you have your pics in the Blackberry/Pictures folder on your card, then on your BB under Media, you should be able to click on Pictures and they will be there.

If they don't, then you didn't put them in the right folders. You can use Mass Storage Mode (your PC) to move the files into the proper folders on your card.
    04-10-09 10:19 PM
    Okayokay. Lemme try to explain myself clearer. Hold on; this might take a minute.
    04-10-09 10:21 PM
    Take all the time you need.
    04-10-09 10:23 PM
    Alright. So when I plug my phone up to my laptop; everything shows up and is in the right folder. But when I unplug my phone and go to my videos; none are there. Same for my ringtones and voicenotes. But when I click on my pictures; it has a folder called blackberry; so I click on it and it shows all my other folders; like documents, music, videos, pics, etc. And I click on the pictures folder and they're there. But it's not normally like that.
    04-10-09 10:28 PM
    I agree, it shouldn't be like that.

On your media card, it should be something like:

Blackberry
    ..... /Pictures
    ....../Music
    ....../Videos
    ....../Voicenotes

What you described would be something like:

Blackberry
    ..../Blackberry
    ......./Pictures
    ......./Music
    ......./Videos
    ......./Voicenotes

Edit: I had to insert the .... in front of the folder names to get the directory structures to show correctly.
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-10-09 at 10:38 PM.
    04-10-09 10:34 PM
    Ohh. So what do I do to fix it?
    04-10-09 10:40 PM
    If the second directory structure is the way it shows on your PC using Mass Storage Mode, then you need to Move everything from the 2nd Blackberry folder on down to your PC. Then copy back only the subfolders (Music, Videos, Ringtones, etc.) into the Blackberry folder on your card so it looks like the first directory structure I posted.
    04-10-09 10:48 PM
    When I do mass storage mode, it shows BlackBerry, then I click on it and it has documents, music, ringtones, videos, and voicenotes. That's right isn't it?
    04-10-09 10:55 PM
    And it has pictures, I left that outt.
    04-10-09 10:56 PM
    Yes, that's right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 11:11 PM
    Then why is it still being weird on my phone?
    04-10-09 11:13 PM
    And the correct files show up when you open the individual folders? Pics have pic files, etc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 11:14 PM
    On my laptop? Yep.
    04-10-09 11:16 PM
    Under MSM, click open the Blackberry/Pictures folder.

From what you described, instead of picture files, there will be a folder named Blackberry with subfolders (Pictures, Music, Videos, etc.) in it.
    04-10-09 11:19 PM
    I clicked it and it doesn't have the subfolders in it. It's just like normal.
    04-10-09 11:23 PM
    Sorry, I am going out to dinner now. Hopefully, someone can jump in and help you...

Where is Tremortality or Chelseytx?
    04-10-09 11:27 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD