My 8310 is 11 months old, it's running OS 4.5.0.124 and it has 18.4 MB of free memory.

Here's the deal, during phone calls I hear a noise very similar to the interference that the BB creates when receiving data and it is near a set of speakers; then the phone shuts off by itself and the only way to get it to work is doing a battery pull. If the noise isn't present the phone works fine, it only happens with the noise.

The battery might be at 85% when it goes berserk, when it boots up it says that it has 10% and that the radios are unavailable due to the low batt.

I have looked around the forum and so far the best recommendation is to buy a new battery. The battery is still giving me a full day of power (8 am to 10 pm), so I assume that replacing it might not be the best option.

I need some light here, I'm thinking of wiping the memory and re-installing the OS.
    04-29-09 12:57 PM
    you can try the wipe, but its probably the battery.. its not about how long the battery holds the charge for, its about the battery conking out when its doing battery intensive things. does it also do that when dl'ing things or sending texts?
    04-29-09 01:01 PM
    No, only during phone calls. I even turned of the data to try out the phone by itself.
    04-29-09 01:10 PM
    yeah. backup with the desktop manager and do a 3rd party app backup.. then wipe with jl commander and reload the os.
    04-29-09 01:12 PM
    I am getting the same problem. I've had my 8310 for a year now and this problem jus started happening in the past 2 weeks.
    It happens during calls, sending a text, and checking my loopt. Sometimes when i do a bettery pull it won't load up all the way, it would shut off again. It's like my battery was fully drained, the only way to get it up and running is to plug it in and charge it. Then i would have to wait 15 min or so for it to turn my radio back on.
    I was thinking about getting a new battery but since i am on a 1 yr contract i am going to upgrade for a Bold in the next few days.
    04-29-09 01:21 PM
    I was thinking of just upgrading to a newer device, but I want to wait to upgrade to OS 5 to see just how outdated the curve will be... I manage fine with the ol' 8310 so far. I like the bold, but hate the fact that is has 50% the memory of the 8900. Nothing bold about that IMO.
    04-29-09 01:31 PM
    I got a new OEM battery from an Amazon seller for $8 including shipping. A new battery should clear up your problems as mentioned previously.

Another option would be a warranty exchange, since your phone is less than 12 mos old.
    04-29-09 01:34 PM
    Ok, just bought a battery from amazon.com. I'll update when I receive it.
    04-29-09 04:15 PM
    sounds good.. sometimes the fix is simpler than it first seems
    04-29-09 04:19 PM
    Yup, it was the battery... It was just the signs of the begining of the end of my old battery as it got a lot worse during the days that I waited for the new one to arrive. I tried to use my wife's spare SE K750 during those days, but I really don't know why (CRACKBERRY ADDICT!) I prefered to use my lifeless berry...
    05-07-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD