I just bought my blackberry curve 8300. first blackberry ever. Came from a sidekick.

But, I bought it with os version 4.2.2.114. I've tried to upgrade it following the instructions on blackberry's website. It says I have the lastest software verison? Well I do not. I want to update to 4.5.

I've tried following instructions from tmobile's website.
    Says I have latest software version. I've tried to delete the vendor file. No luck.

Is there something I'm missing? I have tmobile, 8300, unlocked and unbranded.
    Is there a way to force to upgrade?

Thanks!!!
    07-16-09 02:40 PM
    It's probably the unbranding that is causing your problems.

Start the loader program directly from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader. Double click on the Loader(.exe) file in the folder after you remove the vendor.xml file.
    07-16-09 02:44 PM
    If you are getting the OS from Tmobile then you are using the OS for an 8320. Are you positvie you have an 8300? Options/about or look under the battery. If you in fact do have the 8300 use this OS here and delete the vendor.xml file. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...stasia-263177/
    07-16-09 05:33 PM
    Well, turns out my blackberry won't even turn on. Exchanging it, and then I'll try to update it and see what happens. Thanks for your help!!!
    07-16-09 09:21 PM
    How are you going to exchange it when it is unlocked and unbranded?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD