I've tried and tried to understand how Profiles works, but I still have so many questions.....

What is the difference between "Active" and "Normal" and what do they refer to? Which one should I choose for my overall profile?

How do I change from "Active"to "Normal"? (I'm referring to the caption that shows at the bottom of the home screen when the Profiles icon is selected)

I am assuming that Exceptions should be either be "Active" or "Normal" depending on which one I choose; i.e., if the home screen shows "Profiles (Normal)" then I want my contacts to be the exceptions to "Normal," right?

Like now, my home screen with Profiles selected shows as "Profiles(Normal)" When I go into "Advanced" in the Profiles list -- for "Exceptions" it shows "Use Active profile except for:..." Shouldn't it say, "Use NORMAL profile EXCEPT FOR...??? "

My contact profiles are not working right now, and I'm assuming that's because between the general "Active" and "Normal" and the way I've assigned my individual contacts "Active" and/or "Normal" they are canceling each other out.

I am SO CONFUSED.... Detailed definitions of active and normal and how they were intended to work would be MOST appreciated!

(My email is "[email protected]" if you want to email me vs. posting your reply.)

THANK YOU!!!
    10-30-08 02:26 PM
    On the home screen it will show Profiles (showing the name of the icon you have highlighted ) and Normal next to it (the profile you have active). when you open the profile icon and get the list, it will say (active) next to the profile you have active. Normal is just the name of one of your profiles. Does that help?
    10-30-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD