I posted this a day or so ago, but I need to know this like NOW.

"Mannat" wasnt sinking with DM and I went to the TMo site and the had an update for it. I tried to unload the DM and add the new version, but Vista sucks. I can never remove a program from it.

So I still have the old DM version and the new one. Now here is the problem.
    I never had a problem adding music or pictures from the old DM, but now I get an Runtime error that says something about Roxio v.9?

I don't have my synch cord with me so I can tell you what the message says.

But I want to add some videos and music to Mannat (my BB) and I can't now.

Can someone tell me how to get these stupid versions off of Vista and what else needs to be done. It's driving me nuts. I can synch the darn thing, but DM won't let me add music, pictures,etc.

Thanks.
    09-14-08 01:16 PM
    I dont use DM for adding music, video etc.

When you connect your BB it should show up as a removable storage device under MY COMPUTER. Simply just drag and drop files in. Easier than Roxio. You need to ensure mass storage mode is enabled on your BB. Options > Media Card> enable mass storage

Sorry I dont have Vista so cant help with the removal
    09-14-08 01:19 PM
    I can't really help seeing as I am on a mac
    but where did the name "mannat" come from??
    09-14-08 01:20 PM
    Mannat means Wish. I'm a big Hindi cinema fan and my favorite actor, Shah Rukh Khan's house name is Mannat!

I will try the suggestion above when I get home. I hate that I can't use the Media Manager on this new version. I want to remove it and download without the Media Manager now.

Is that a good idea?
    09-14-08 01:22 PM
    I Have 4.6 With Media Manager. My Media Manager Works Fine. Just Freezes Alot. But Yea I Would Try The Mass Media.. It Is Way Easier.
    09-14-08 01:44 PM
    Media Manager wouldn't even download on my Vista laptop, i just do dragdrop.
    09-14-08 02:56 PM
    Im glad someone with Vista responded. I HATE IT.

Ok, how do I do the dragdrop part? Sorry I'm a techie but this issue has thrown me for a loop.

Do I still open DM?
    09-14-08 03:01 PM
    Ok I guess this could be different for Vista but this is how I do it on XP

You don't need to open DM just connect your BB to your PC. From your PC go to My Computer. Under devices with removable storage my BB shows as Removable Disk E.

Go to the file you wish to transfer, select it . The leftside menu on the pc has an option to MOVE FILE ( under file and folder tasks). Click that and you can move the file to your BB ( Removable disk E ). In fact clicking on removable disk E you can further delve into the folders on the media card ie choose to transfer the file to your picture folder or video folder etc.

Try that.
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-14-08 at 03:16 PM.
    09-14-08 03:11 PM
    Im glad someone with Vista responded. I HATE IT.

Ok, how do I do the dragdrop part? Sorry I'm a techie but this issue has thrown me for a loop.

Do I still open DM?
    NO.. U SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLUG UR PHONE TO THE COMPUTER.. AND THE CPU WILL RECOGNIZE IT. GO TO MY COMPUTER AND IT SHOULD BE A FOLDER IN THERE FOR YOU BB.. CLICK ON IT. AND DRAG FILES TO THAT FOLDER.. AND UR DONE..
    09-14-08 03:12 PM
    Desktop Manager v4.6 works on my laptop with Vista. No problems whatsoever.

tae, can you kill the ALL CAPs? Wow, that's hard to read (for so many reasons).
    09-14-08 03:13 PM
    Desktop Manager v4.6 works on my laptop with Vista. No problems whatsoever.

tae, can you kill the ALL CAPs? Wow, that's hard to read (for so many reasons).
    Oh no, not the subject of all caps again.
    09-14-08 03:17 PM
    I actually like vista myself.
    09-14-08 03:36 PM
    From everything I've read, it seems that the first thing you want to do on your Curve (sorry, I cant comprehend giving a phone a name) is enable mass storage.

• Options
    • Media Card
    • Media Card Support (set it to on)

Once you have done that, SAVE before exiting out.
    Now when you plug your phone into your PC, you DONT need DM to drag & drop from the PC to the phones memory card (assuming you do have a memory card).
    09-14-08 03:43 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will check this out right now.
    Got one more question for ya.
    I have DM 4.3, TMo only has this on their site...should I update or wait until they have 4.6?

And I can't remove DM from Vista. I want to uninstall it and reinstall, but it won't let me. HELP!
    09-14-08 07:42 PM
    I have DM 4.3, TMo only has this on their site...should I update or wait until they have 4.6?

And I can't remove DM from Vista. I want to uninstall it and reinstall, but it won't let me. HELP!
    What is it saying when you try to remove it?
    09-14-08 07:47 PM

BESIDES THE BIG BULKY LOOK.. THERES NOT REALLY TOO MUCH OF A DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THE TWO.. OR NOT THAT I NOTICED ATLEAST
    09-14-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD