I bought a blackberry curve 8310 on ebay, it came from the US.. it was on at&t network but i unlocked it. I called tmobile and they told me i cant use it for blackberry messenger because there is no gprs. I dont understand what that means but when i go onto the options and the gps on the phone there is no location, and when i search for it nothing comes up....is there any way i can fix this problem.?
    03-30-09 12:26 PM
    Do you have a data plan with tmobile, a BB data plan? if no, then you cant, if you do have the BB data plan, I dont see why you cant.
    03-30-09 12:36 PM
    gps and gprs are two different things.
    03-30-09 12:36 PM
    we;; i have the package cause i phoned up and set it up, but there is no gps location and when i search nothing comes up
    03-30-09 12:49 PM
    Im gonna guess you are in the UK from your use of wording,

GPS wont have anything to do with you wanting to use BBM.. which is what you want right, Im getting confused, do you ALSO want to use GPS?
    03-30-09 12:53 PM
    Im gonna guess you are in the UK from your use of wording,

GPS wont have anything to do with you wanting to use BBM.. which is what you want right, Im getting confused, do you ALSO want to use GPS?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm wondering if TMO says she can't use BBM, because it's and 8310 and has no SIM card. But it would have to if it was unlocked. Now I'm really confused.
    03-30-09 12:56 PM
    8310's have sims...its a gsm phone..
    03-30-09 12:58 PM
    yeah i am from the uk... and i just want blackberry messenger to work... i dont no the difference between the two.. i did set it up.. when i enter sumone elses pin and try to add them they dont get sent the message to except me.. and if they try to add me i dont get a message to accept them it just says pending...
    03-30-09 12:58 PM
    I should clarify - I mean AT&T is a gsm network.

Are you adding my email or by PIN (use once feature) and also make sure the datas plan has infact taken effect..
    03-30-09 12:59 PM
    I should clarify - I mean AT&T is a gsm network.

Are you adding my email or by PIN (use once feature) and also make sure the datas plan has infact taken effect..
    That's what I thought (forgot about ATT). Sounds like data may not be set up yet.
    03-30-09 01:04 PM
    im adding by the pin.. when i called tmobile again they said bb messenger has been added to my phone.
    03-30-09 01:07 PM
    Hi there. Try adding my pin up the top. I'm in the UK also. I'm with Vodafone, when I changed my price plan and added BB data plan they made a mistake and added email only. I tried to access Facebook and couldn't so I thought something was wrong. When I rang Customer Services I discovered that the wrong data plan was added. How much is your data plan by the way? I pay �10 extra on top of my monthly plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD