I ran into a problem that I don't even know how I would search for it.

The back ground. The wife loves my BB & got her one just like mine. Within 30 days her 8330 has problems. Called Sprint to swap it out since we are within the 30 day period.

Now I have her replacement. It came with the most recent OS & all the languages too. I hooked it up to the DM v4.6 & wanted to get rid of the languages along with a few other unnecessary items. In DM i opened app loader & nothing showed up! My guess & I'm asking do I need to load the disk that came with her replacement phone onto our pc so that the DM knows what installed?

Thanks all!!

Tanker
    04-01-09 10:11 PM
    What do you mean nothing showed up? It did not recognize the phone or no check marks showed up in DM?

Is the OS on the phone the same that is installed on the PC? You do not need to load the disk that came with the phone, that is DM and probably an older version than what you have (4.6)
    04-01-09 10:26 PM
    dont all new bb come with 4.7 dm?
    04-01-09 10:31 PM
    Tremortality... Mine & her BB both have the same OS...4.5.0.131. The laptop that I am syncing to has both the DM & the OS loaded on it.

I wanted to uncheck items like all the languages other than english, & a few others. Don't I do that by opening the app loader & unchecking the boxes? I can't find what is loaded on her new 8330. Since getting her replacement I have loaded apps like the CB launcher Twitter & I see those in DM but thats it.

I just know this is something soooo simple that I'm missing!

Edit to add: Tremortality... yes the DM did recognize her BB, her pin # was her new one.
    Last edited by Tanker811; 04-01-09 at 10:57 PM.
    04-01-09 10:36 PM
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to type in the search function so that I might find the answer in a old post? I'm clueless!!
    04-01-09 11:19 PM
    The only thing I can think of...In DM when you click options at the top right and it select "Data Folder options" maybe find out where the data folder is located and delete it. worth a shot
    04-02-09 12:31 AM
    Tremortality... Mine & her BB both have the same OS...4.5.0.131. The laptop that I am syncing to has both the DM & the OS loaded on it.

I wanted to uncheck items like all the languages other than english, & a few others. Don't I do that by opening the app loader & unchecking the boxes? I can't find what is loaded on her new 8330. Since getting her replacement I have loaded apps like the CB launcher Twitter & I see those in DM but thats it.

I just know this is something soooo simple that I'm missing!

Edit to add: Tremortality... yes the DM did recognize her BB, her pin # was her new one.
    Try finding Sprint's official OS and replace the OS you have installed on your PC and see if that works. If not a more involved option is to actually downgrade the OS on your wifes BB and upgrade again without installing the things you don't want on it.
    04-02-09 07:12 AM
    wnm... I'm going to try & sync her BB with her laptop to see if her DM recognizes the OS.
    04-02-09 10:19 AM
    wnm... Well I hope I don't have to go that route. I deleted the OS off my laptop & installed the OS off of Sprint. DM still doesn't recognize the OS.

I can't help think that if Sprint upgraded the OS's on all their 8330s then everyone who gets one is gonna have the same problem. Upgraded OS that don't get recognized by DM. Just doesn't make sense!

Got a few things to do, will get back to searching for the answer later this afternoon.
    04-02-09 11:33 AM
    To put a end to this story I started around 2pm with a call to Sprint, which lead me to a call with a Rim tech. Finally around 9pm The problem solved.

I had to delete both DM & the OS from both of our laptops. The tech at Rim had me download DM v4.7 & the OS to both laptops. Never really found why her new BB wasn't being recognized but doing this cured it.

I didn't like the idea of DM 4.7 but haven't had any issues yet using it.
    04-02-09 11:35 PM
    To put a end to this story I started around 2pm with a call to Sprint, which lead me to a call with a Rim tech. Finally around 9pm The problem solved.

I had to delete both DM & the OS from both of our laptops. The tech at Rim had me download DM v4.7 & the OS to both laptops. Never really found why her new BB wasn't being recognized but doing this cured it.

I didn't like the idea of DM 4.7 but haven't had any issues yet using it.
    I had a horrible experience with 4.7 when I was on the storm. I changed to 4.5 and never had anymore problems...even with the Curve. Hope it works out for ya.
    04-02-09 11:49 PM
    Your probably okay going back to DM 4.6 at this point if everything is working.
    04-03-09 06:31 AM
    I would go back to 4.6, A lot of ppl have had issues with 4.7. Glad you got your problem solved though!
    04-03-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD