I was in sprint yesterday and I started playing with a palm pre (I actually like the setup/keybored/and the other features it has to offer like touchscreen and Picture mail)
    And I started talking to elane she is the one who set my plan up anyway! But we got to talking and I could get that phone 4 $150.00 and I do like it so IM SORRY BLACKBERRY! But I am choosing to go to palm right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 01:26 AM
    Peace out dude.
    07-05-09 03:37 AM
    Im sorry for your loss.
    07-05-09 03:51 AM
    Good luck

07-05-09 03:55 AM
    dueces pre user:
    07-05-09 04:02 AM
    You'll be back.........

07-05-09 05:03 AM
    Later, enjoy!

07-05-09 05:21 AM
    Game over.

07-05-09 06:43 AM
    I played around with the Pre. I didn't like it. Screen too small for me and also the keyboard is tiny. If I mess up at times while typing on my Curve, imagine typing on the Pres keyboard. Elane must've looked freaking good for you to go with the Pre. LOL Good luck but I believe you'll be back to BB.
    07-05-09 08:17 AM
    Try it. You can always come back if you don't like it. You would then have an opinion based on experience, which is more valuable than one based the herd mentality.

Does Sprint have a policy where you can take a new device back after 15 or 30 days and exchange it for something else if you don't like it?

07-05-09 09:48 AM
    To be honest, I can definitely appreciate your choice.
    The Pre is a really good device. And once all the bugaboos are ironed out I will definitely be facing the same decision.

I think Palm "Gets It" like RIM does. (as far as making productive devices versus pure eye candy)
    07-05-09 10:17 AM
    LSG - Yes, Sprint has a 30-day money back/contract cancellation policy.

I'm appalled at the hatefullness of some of the responses. As an owner of a Palm Treo 700p and a Curve 8330, I can attest to each device's benefits as well as limitations and how they compliment each other to overcome those limitations. And for that reason, I didn't/couldn't trade in the Treo when I bought the Curve. If the Palm Pre offers a compromise of the two in one device, it's definitely one worth checking out.

Open your minds to the endless possibilities.

07-05-09 12:18 PM
    Peace Out Man but just like a bunch of other Crackberry users who switch to iPhone or Pre they realize that BlackBerry is the superior device and they come back. Don't worry man we won't think of you less. You'll always be welcomed back. Have Fun.

ReyRey
    07-05-09 01:04 PM
    You'll be back
    Trust and Believe....
    07-05-09 01:44 PM
    Yea U Will most definitely wanna be back...I Got a HTC Touch Pro...And 2 days later I went back to my blackberry...LOL...The HTC was all looks wit bells and whistles...but when i wanted to do something productive and quick...The blackberry was the one!
    07-05-09 06:59 PM
    Jacob - good luck with the Pre and enjoy!
    If you wind up with second thoughts about it - you'll still have your Curve that you can go back to and everyone will still be here to help also!
    07-05-09 07:06 PM
    LSG - Yes, Sprint has a 30-day money back/contract cancellation policy.

I'm appalled at the hatefullness of some of the responses. As an owner of a Palm Treo 700p and a Curve 8330, I can attest to each device's benefits as well as limitations and how they compliment each other to overcome those limitations. And for that reason, I didn't/couldn't trade in the Treo when I bought the Curve. If the Palm Pre offers a compromise of the two in one device, it's definitely one worth checking out.

Open your minds to the endless possibilities.

agreed

I'm enjoying my 755p

07-05-09 07:33 PM
    I too have strayed to other smartphones and just a couple of weeks ago I thought I had left the blackberry fold. My employer gave me a new iPhone 3GS and let me tell you it is a great device. I'm sure many of you have played with one and it's very slick. The problem was the more I used it the more I missed features from my Curve. The multitasking was huge for me. On my Curve I have yahoo messenger running as well as bb messenger and a few other things so that when someone wants to give me a holler I will get the message. Not having that option on the iPhone was a killer. Not having true push email was a big deal too. The only account that would push was yahoo and it's not my primary email account. The third and final straw was AT&T service or lack of. Basically without wifi I would've never been able to use data or get my email. In the end I gave the phone back to my employer and kept my Curve thru Verizon. They agreed to pay for my service since I need something to get reception where I live. I can see why many people love the iPhone, but for me it just didn't cut it. But the only way to know if another device will work is to try it out. I have a friend that is diehard windows mobile because it works for him. I've used every type of device at one point and the old berry fits me the best.
    07-05-09 07:48 PM

I'm appalled at the hatefullness of some of the responses.
    On a Blackberry forum posting an announcement of switching phones.....actually the responses here have been quite civil. You should see how people are treated on a car forums when they switch.
    07-05-09 07:49 PM
    I would have to strongly disagree.. The pre is horrible. For one the phone goes dead after an hour of use, the phone freezes like crazy, and the screen will cut out on you in heart beat.. I would know.. I had the phone..
    07-05-09 08:37 PM
    I would have to strongly disagree.. The pre is horrible. For one the phone goes dead after an hour of use, the phone freezes like crazy, and the screen will cut out on you in heart beat.. I would know.. I had the phone..
    I heard the battery life on the Pre sucks big time. A girl at work has it so I've had the chance to play around with it. I find the touchscreen is annoying and clicking on links was a task. The only thing I like about the Pre is the display, it's very sharp and detailed. That's something I can live without on my Curve.

07-05-09 09:31 PM
    My understanding there not discounting palm pre and it shows 199 after rebate not 150
    07-05-09 09:36 PM
    My understanding there not discounting palm pre and it shows 199 after rebate not 150
    Well I am good friends with elane and she is going 2 give me a discount duh

07-05-09 10:18 PM
    Good luck with pre. And advance welcome back

07-05-09 10:56 PM
    I was in the sprint store this weekend and palyed with the pre a bit. I don't see why you would go to it. I am was hoping palm would deliver.

07-05-09 10:58 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD