I just received my Verizon Black berry Curve, I have a few questions...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I did a search... and no luck...

1. How do you send a text/picture message? I can respond to them and receive them but cant seem to send out my own.

2. Is it possible to view in an attachment in an email ?

3. Whats the biggest difference between the $29.99 and the $59.99 plan for Verizon. Anyway I can set up my yahoo email to come to my phone for free?

4. How do you download AIM instant messenger on the blackberry?

5.Is opera mini worth putting on the phone at all ? what can it do that your current browser cannot do?

6. what is the most easiest way to music on the phone?

Appreciate it anyone who can help.
    08-20-08 10:36 AM
    I'll answer what I can:

1. I guess you are talking about MMS? I don't use them, but if you are in messages and hit the blackberry button (left of the trackball), you should have options to Compose Email, Compose PIN and etc. You should also see one for Compose MMS.

2. Yes, you can view things like pictures, word and excel documents and pdfs. I believe you can play mp3's as well, but I don't know.. I've never been sent one.

3. actually, I think the other plan is 45 or 49.99, but you only need it if you are hooking up to a Blackberry Enterprise server for you work or something like that. Otherwise, the regular BIS plan is fine. Yes, you can set up Yahoo with no problem, just use the Email Settings icon and follow the steps and add another account.

4. I don't use AIM, but I would try heading to aim.com and see if they have a version for BB.

5. Same as above, don't use opera and haven't had a need to. I've heard from some it's very slick looking.. but using it on the BB is really clunky.

6. If you have a memory card in your device, go into options and set mass storage mode to ON. Then when you plug your device into your PC, you can just drag and drop your mp3s onto your card.

Hope that helped.
    08-20-08 10:53 AM
    I may be a little off on some of these answers, but I'll try.

Yes I did a search... and no luck...

1. How do you send a text/picture message? I can respond to them and receive them but cant seem to send out my own.

Go into your Text Inbox. Press the menu key, and choose "Compose SMS Text". You can also do it via looking at your address book and choosing the menu key then SMS Text Edit. I just noticed you said picture message. Use Compose MMS instead.

2. Is it possible to view in an attachment in an email ?

Depends on the attachment?

3. Whats the biggest difference between the $29.99 and the $59.99 plan for Verizon. Anyway I can set up my yahoo email to come to my phone for free?

The 29 is BIS. The 59 (I actually thought it was 49?) is BES. If you are using this for personal use and not corporate in which they have a Blackberry Enterprise Server for Exchange, then you only need the $29. That's unlimited data for BIS.

4. How do you download AIM instant messenger on the blackberry?

I don't have an answer for this question

5.Is opera mini worth putting on the phone at all ? what can it do that your current browser cannot do?

I put the opera mini on and it wasn't too bad of a browser. But I ended up removing it and sticking with the Blackberry Browser. User preference.

6. what is the most easiest way to music on the phone?

Buying a Micro-SD card and transfering the music via Desktop Manager or Blackberry Media Sync

Appreciate it anyone who can help.[/QUOTE]
    08-20-08 10:54 AM
    damn, a lot of help...APPRECIATE IT ! ...

one more question, for the music to the phone deal... i can just use the usb chord and then open up my memory card and drop music in there ? do i have to download an additional program to do this?

do any of you guys have a free ring tone site? where i can download ring tones?
    08-20-08 11:24 AM
    for aim go to blackberry wap site and i think they have one available there to download.
    08-20-08 11:29 AM
    You do not need another application. You can use the BB MGR if you want or drag and drop right into your sd card through my computer.

free ringtones? havent used any but most tell you they are free and in the fine print you will see charges. they will show on your bill as premium sms.
    08-20-08 11:31 AM
    No, you don't need another program or the Blackberry Manager software to put MP3s on your memory card. If you have mass storage mode turned on and you plug it into your computer, it will show up as another drive. Just copy your MP3s into the folder labeled Music.

As far as ringtones, it's easy to make your own. If you already have the MP3 of the song, you can use a program called MP3DirectCut to edit it and then just drag and drop it on your device. Follow the link in my signature for the download.
    08-20-08 11:37 AM
    You do not need another application. You can use the BB MGR if you want or drag and drop right into your sd card through my computer.

free ringtones? havent used any but most tell you they are free and in the fine print you will see charges. they will show on your bill as premium sms.
    cool, no ring tones for me then... can you make a song a ring tone ?
    08-20-08 11:38 AM
    sorry just read the other part of your post ... i will download that program in your link...thanks
    08-20-08 11:42 AM
    This is a cool music editor site. You select the part of your ong that you want to save as a ring tone and it makes that mp3 for you. Then all you have to do is save it as a ringtone on your device. I use it a lot.

Ringtone Maker - make MP3 Ringtones / Realtones online for FREE from your MP3 & CD with no software to download at ToneBee
    08-20-08 11:47 AM
    thanks for the help...im at work ,so i cant try this out til i leave work but i am tryin to send a picture message to a friend and she is not receiving it ...

i have done it two ways ....

first, i went to the pic that was saved in my memory card ... push the option to send to a phone number and then i sent it .... she did not receive it ...

then i dialed her number and right clicked....clicked the sms ? or whatever you can to attach a pic and tried to send it again and it did not work ...

am i doing something wrong here?
    Last edited by daknucklegameisill; 08-20-08 at 12:31 PM.
    08-20-08 12:28 PM
    I don't think aol works on verizon unless you get the mobile im or beejive - I think that's the name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 12:46 PM
    thanks for the help...im at work ,so i cant try this out til i leave work but i am tryin to send a picture message to a friend and she is not receiving it ...

i have done it two ways ....

first, i went to the pic that was saved in my memory card ... push the option to send to a phone number and then i sent it .... she did not receive it ...

then i dialed her number and right clicked....clicked the sms ? or whatever you can to attach a pic and tried to send it again and it did not work ...

am i doing something wrong here?
    You are doing it correctly. Are you positive the mms was sent? Theres not a red "x" or anything next to that mms in your message list.

Also who is the service provider of the recipient?
    08-20-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD