Hey should i get the curve. I have the storm now and its a disaster. Should i wait it out and see what the new OS update can do. My 30 day ends Feb 17 and have gone through 3 storms. HOw is the browser on the curve i use that alot. I know the cam isnt as good. What should i do.
    03-03-09 12:01 PM
    I had the Storm. It lasted a day. Went to the Curve and it is by far the best phone I've had with Verizon. The Storm suckes ***. Just my opinion. I work downtown Chicago and reception was terrible with the Storm along with software glitches.
    03-03-09 12:43 PM
    go to the curve. the storms is hard to use
    03-03-09 01:15 PM
    I had the Storm. It lasted a day. Went to the Curve and it is by far the best phone I've had with Verizon. The Storm suckes ***. Just my opinion. I work downtown Chicago and reception was terrible with the Storm along with software glitches.
    See I really want to love the storm. Its not allowing me to. Any more info about the browser on the curve would be great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 01:19 PM
    Honestly, I got the storm in december, had it until 1.5 weeks ago. Now I work for Alltel and play with blackberry's all day, after a week with my curve instead of my storm I noticed that I was able to send txts faster and more acurately then with the storm.

I'm also very computer savvy and realize the storm is brand new. I got my curve on craigslist for about 200 so I coyld kep my storm and wait till the app store comes out and wait to see what happens.

The browsers don't compare. The storm wins in every category. But I still love the browser on my curve. It does its job very well.

03-03-09 02:22 PM
    I would wait to get a new phone. Usually the 2nd or 3rd gen are the better ones to get. Like the iPhone, the original was cool and all but the 2nd gen was much more stable and had a lot less glitches. IMO I would stick with what you know is good (Curve) and wait until they release new OS and more updates. When you see a bunch of happy Storm users then buy the storm...... IMO that is.........
    03-03-09 02:39 PM
    I am debating the same thing. I had a 8330 for a month and then switched to the Storm after my boyfriend got his. Now I'm thinking of switching back. I can text faster than my boyfriend on the Storm but it's still not as accurate as my Curve was and I can't hold the Storm between my chin and shoulder without pushing a bunch of buttons which drives me crazy. I know you can download the program that locks the screen when your on the phone but I don't want to have to do that...blah.
    03-03-09 02:44 PM
    hi i have come back to my curve from the storm. Despite all the updates the storm will NEVER be as quick as curve or bold. is too glitchy, the ONLY good thing on storm is 3g.Thats it!!!! Would never leave my curve as is rock solid-i fell for the look of the storm but learnt the hard way!!!
    03-03-09 02:51 PM
    Get the Curve it is so much nicer. I had the Storm not once but twice. I really wanted to like it but it never worked out. It has great video and color but the funtions are not there. Trying to edit somthing was a huge pain.

Get the Curve never look back
    03-03-09 02:51 PM
    I would ditch Storm and get 9000 or the 8900. I'm in a dilemma whether I should spend $400 to leave Bell, and another $200-$250 for 8900/9000.

Or just save $600 and stick with my cheap-plastic, creaking-housing 8330.
    03-03-09 02:55 PM
    Only option unless he changes carriers is 8830,8330 or the pearl. Or wait for the new Niagra in possible May release.

I like my curve no Creaking housing here.
    03-03-09 02:59 PM
    i'll buy it from you. how much you want . ill give you my curve . brand new ! :] message me :]
    03-03-09 03:26 PM
    Thank u for the advice. Grr I still don't know what I want to do. More help would help. Can u send video messages with the curve

03-03-09 03:27 PM
    If anyone wants to trade a pink curve for the storm plus some cash let me know. I'll prob be making a post in marketplace later on.
    03-03-09 04:13 PM
    i have had the storm since it came out.. i had a curve before that.. i kept waiting and waiting for new software to fix the issues.. even ran the unreleased versions etc..

the storm is a piece of garbage..

i switched back to a curve on sunday and cant be happier..

you will breathe a sight of relief the first time you write a text message or email
    03-03-09 05:15 PM
    Honestly, I got the storm in december, had it until 1.5 weeks ago. Now I work for Alltel and play with blackberry's all day, after a week with my curve instead of my storm I noticed that I was able to send txts faster and more acurately then with the storm.

I'm also very computer savvy and realize the storm is brand new. I got my curve on craigslist for about 200 so I coyld kep my storm and wait till the app store comes out and wait to see what happens.

The browsers don't compare. The storm wins in every category. But I still love the browser on my curve. It does its job very well.

03-03-09 05:49 PM
    Get the Curve, you'll be happier.

I had the Storm for 29 days, and tried as hard as I could to get used to it with only moderate success (ultimately, the keyboard was the deal breaker for me).

I have no real problem with the browser on the Curve (although I am not a power user of it, only casual). In fact I generally like it more on the curve than I did on the Storm, simply because I have more precise control of the pointer/mouse with the trackball and don't have to try multiple times to click the link I want (big hands).

The camera... Even though the Curve has a lesser megapixel camera, I find the pictures are better than what I could get out of my Storm (especially if there is any movement from you or the subject).

Because I want something newer like you, here is what I did. I sent my Storm back on day 29, tuffed it out on my old Treo 700P for a week or two until I found a Curve for sale on eBay that I could use and not be locked into a contract. Then when the Bold comes out on Verizon, I can make the jump.
    03-03-09 07:23 PM
    There is another thread like this that you could take the views of others. Plus there is also what another member mentioned that there is some of these types of questions in the Storm section. But as I said in another thread like this. It's for each there own.
    03-03-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD