i have a question about the 8320 from at&t. I want to upgrade but is it possible to use the wifi on the phone without subscribing to the bb package? i think it is possible since you'd be connecting to your homes network instead of using at&t data. People who already own this phone let me know.
    01-01-09 08:53 AM
    You can connect to the WiFi but you won't be able to make calls through the WiFi. It'll just use the nearest mobile tower for phone calls. I believe only your internet browsing would be a bit quicker as long as your using the WiFi browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 11:08 AM
    It would definitely make your browsing/data stuff much quicker as you're using a wifi connection. You won't be able to make calls because I don't think ATT allows that. I know Tmo does.
    01-01-09 11:14 AM
    i realize i cant make calls. But i am able to use internet with the wifi w/o subscribing to the data plan correct?
    01-01-09 11:20 AM
    Yes. The Hotspot Browser uses Wifi to connect directly to the internet. No data plan is needed.
    01-01-09 12:06 PM
    i realize i cant make calls. But i am able to use internet with the wifi w/o subscribing to the data plan correct?
    Yeap all that data is passing through your wifi not the cell network.
    01-01-09 12:08 PM
    sweeeetness!
    01-01-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD