The GPS will work with BB Maps and Google Maps to tell you where you are, and show you how to get to your destination.
    How does that work? I have Google Maps. Do I need to do anything special to have it tell me where I am and get me to my destination?

Because downloading maps can use up your data plan in a hurry, it might not be a bad idea to pay a bit extra for an unlimited data plan.
    On the AT&T website my data plan says 'BBRYBISUNL'. I'm assuming that means unlimited?
    10-24-07 05:31 PM
    freak, I was at AT&T store today and they told me that they are not selling 8310 yet. They shouldn't have advertise it yet.

And also, I found out that if it has GPS features, I have to pay $29/month additional. Looks like I'm better of buying Magellan. They also explained to me what wifi can do however, it is true that 8310 doesn't have support. If I really want, they told me to buy the their 8820 which is one their display. Sigh! I should not have expected so much from it. L8R.

Thats interesting, since I just recieved my Titanium 8310 today!!!!

10-24-07 09:01 PM
    I also got my Ti 8310 today and have used both Google Maps and TeleNav (I get reimbursed for cell service so the extra $9.99 per month isn't a big deal for me personally). Gotta say TeleNav rocks. On the road for a business trip and literally needed a holster for my new love child ASAP. Called local AT&T store, dude told me they had both plastic holster & lambskin puff special in stock so I wanted to go there after work. Remember, I'm on the road in Wichita, KS and know nothing about this place plus I'm in a rental. Fire up TeleNav, tell it to pull from my address book and then it sets up and starts "acquiring GPS satellites". I literally figure I'm going to have configuration problems so stick the 8310 back into my shirt pocket since I kinda knew where I was heading. 4 minutes later I hear the text to voice announce from inside my suitcoat "continue west 2.3 miles" etc and it took me straight there. Google maps is pretty cool too. But as a road warrior, I am happy with one less charger, thing to carry, thing to loose, crap to keep up with and I am absolutely in love with my CB so far. It doesn't even seem that picky over GPS placement. I drove the rest of the way with my 8310 in my right hand resting on the gear selector lever and seemed to work just fine. Turn by turn, very clear, dead on accurate and then it was a piece of cake to find a restaurant for dinner afterwards. Personally - couldn't be happier.
    10-24-07 11:47 PM
    i just joined but my cd is broken, can someone copy some for me? i wanna use the usb but itz not working
    are you talking about the desktop manager? because you can download that from your telephone service website.
    10-25-07 01:07 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD