This is really starting to drive me nuts - yes, I have read through all of the threads like this one and I have tried everything. I went through and marked all prior opened, I sent myself an email to see if it would clear, I even did a battery pull and the notification WILL NOT GO AWAY. Someone help before I throw this thing against the wall!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:24 AM
    Have you checked in your saved messages, on the off chance you accidentally saved a message before opening it?
    09-16-09 06:26 AM
    I had this problem yesterday. Go to your messages folder, not sms, email, its just a message folder and look in there.

Turned out mine was a PIN message (not IM, just a message).
    09-16-09 06:57 AM
    I agree with Love.

There's generally 3 "notifications". SMS/MMS, Email and Messages. If you checked the email, and you're sure that was the original, then go toy our "Messages" folder.

Anytime I miss a call I have to check the call, the message folder, and then VM if its left to clear the icons out.
    09-16-09 07:17 AM
    You might have to click the menu button on the home screen and then select show all, just in case it is in a hidden message folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:33 AM
    Go into EVERY folder and hit the U (for unread) button. Check all folders including hidden ones, saved messages, missed calls logged in message folder.

If you have your general Messages folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. As stated above, PIN messages only go to that folder.

Make sure you have no alerts such as weatherbug, facebook, calendar, bbm, aim, yahoo etc.

Try a battery pull.
    09-16-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD