...sorry, if this has already been posted.
    i regrettably downloaded the 4.5 beta.
    and i hate it, i am not receiving text messages and am missing important booty calls.
    im too drunk to figure this out myself, and time is of essence. how do i downgrade??
    04-05-08 09:53 PM
    lol is this a joke?
    04-05-08 09:54 PM
    not a joke.
    04-05-08 09:56 PM
    Uninstall 4.5 from ur pc, run the installer on ur older os, delete the vendor file and plug in ur bb to the desktop manager, it will ask u to continue using 4.5 or to downgrade, it may wipe ur device after it loads the older os, that's what it did to mine, so lucky me I had back uped my bb b4 I put 4.5 on, and I did a restore now works perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 10:10 PM
    thank you so much!
    ...okay, im gonna try this.
    double vision, i hope don't get electrocuted.
    04-05-08 10:20 PM
    im also other member who downgraded 4.5 beta lags badly and no html in the beta version and camera and video noit very clear so i m back on 4.2 running smoothly
    04-05-08 11:01 PM
    Hmm...booze and beta OS files...seemingly don't mix lmao!!

PS: Theirs a reasons it's a BETA, theirs a reason you all are not supposed to have it..no sympathy for the complaints
    04-05-08 11:01 PM
    crap, this is not going over very well.
    ...can someone just come to my house and do it for me?
    04-05-08 11:04 PM
    ok where u live? lol
    04-05-08 11:05 PM
    1) Uninstall 4.5 from your PC.

2) download and install the approp. 4.2 version.

3) click on application loader and it will ask, if you want to downgrade or keep what you have....downgrade of course.

4) Still no go?....better learn how to set up remote axxs on your PC.
    04-05-08 11:06 PM
    los angeles.
    04-05-08 11:07 PM
    sorry, im a *****.
    where can i download the approp 4.2 ?
    can you link me?

let this be a lesson to everyone.
    ...WAIT for the official 4.5 release!!
    04-05-08 11:09 PM
    http://www.wireless.att.com/bbdownloads <--takes you to the RIM download page.
    04-05-08 11:22 PM
    lol I'm probably as bent as that dude right now. Its pretty lame at the club on crackberry?! everybody asking what I'm doin on that phone..haha but damn I would'nt have posted that! lol...
    04-05-08 11:34 PM
    im a chick, and im not at a club.
    ...at home. unfortunately, my target audience are men who are at clubs on their blackberries and i am unable to receive these late night text.
    this is not good for business.

in anycase, i cant figure this out.
    ill try again tomorrow when my reading comprehension skills are up to par.

thanks to everyone who tried to help.
    04-05-08 11:46 PM
    Sorry to hear some of you are having problems. 4.5 works great on my 8310.

04-06-08 12:56 AM
    What have you been drinking... Even when I'm wasted, I am able to read/write. I may need to try a new drink, lol.
    04-06-08 01:09 AM
    Everybody was anxious to DL this beta version and now most people are switching back. That's why you wait for the real thing.

04-06-08 01:14 AM
    mine works just fine....i dont know what ppl are complain about...i had i for like 5 days with no problem
    04-06-08 01:18 AM
    Hmm...booze and beta OS files...seemingly don't mix lmao!!

PS: Theirs a reasons it's a BETA, theirs a reason you all are not supposed to have it..no sympathy for the complaints
    i agree i downloaded it knowing that it wasnt gonna be stable and then i downgraded, no complaints thats the point of BETA dont complain read the reviews not one person that has posted about having 4.5 has said its perfect, maybe doing a little research before you try beta software
    04-06-08 03:48 AM
    Exactly why I am waiting for the real mccoy!!!
    04-06-08 08:53 AM
    Well I got it. AT&T 8310 Curve. Took about 45 minutes to update phone. 2 things I noticed right away:

1) The fonts are bold and large and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to "un-bold" them and make them smaller.
    2) The volume on the navigation software is about half it was. I turned up the speaker phone volume, that increased the volume but it still is not as loud as it was. Just by happen chance I found the speaker phone volume would increase the navigation volume.

Other than those two issues, no problems noticed. Had to redo my settings for various applications. I read where someone could not email a video he made. I tried that, had no problem emailing it to my home email. Anybody have any ideas on the two problems above?
    04-06-08 09:12 AM
    i can't uninstall the programs through my computer. am i doing something wrong to downgrade my blackberry? or is there another way i can get this done?

06-02-10 06:14 AM
    i can't uninstall the programs through my computer. am i doing something wrong to downgrade my blackberry? or is there another way i can get this done?

Please be more specific. What programs are you trying to uninstall? If they are pushed in your service books, they can't be uninstalled, just hidden.
    06-02-10 02:52 PM
    sorry, im a *****.

let this be a lesson to everyone.
    ...WAIT for the official 4.5 release!!
    I musta got lucky, my 4.5 dl must be the official release
    It works GREAT, sorry deb
    06-03-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD