Earlier today I was hanging up my phone while walking and dropped my 8330 curve in gravel... no problem right? I had one of the rubberized covering doo-whatzits on it so I think all's good. It flips a complete 180 while dropping and lands on the FRONT!!!! I picked it up holding my breath and turned it over, dusted it off and noticed several shallow yet hideous GOUGES in my screen!
    My question Blackberry owners of the universe is thus: Is there any way to fill in the gouges erasing them or is there a way to replace the outer screen? Any help on this issue would be MASSIVELY appreciated. If you're about to tell me I'm hosed please...... be gentle!
    12-06-09 08:39 PM
    Yes, you can do it!

There are others, but here is a source for you.

Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-06-09 at 09:03 PM.
    12-06-09 08:58 PM
    The screen can be replaced. There is a Youtube tutorial on how to do it. Check ebay or search this forum for a supplier.

12-06-09 08:58 PM
    Aren't there other BB models that don't have the protective lens over the actual screen? I think I read that somewhere the other day. Man, be glad you have an 8330 (I do too, but I've got the Body Glove case on mine, so even my screen OVER my screen is protected).

Yeah, I think replacing that cover is a pretty simple process, so you shouldn't have any problems at all.

See? And we didn't even have to tell you that you were screwed...lol!
    12-06-09 09:17 PM
    The 8900 is one that has a vulnerable screen without lens, if I recall correctly.

12-06-09 09:26 PM
    Thanks, BergerKing! I thought I'd seen that somewhere. Man, I'd be in a world of hurt if I had one of those...lol.
    12-06-09 09:40 PM
    You guys rule! Thanks a lot for the info, I'll look into it ASAP. Actually I might just get a screen, go to the sprint store and say BOW DOWN MY BABOONS!! Let them do it and buy me a new rig if they beef the job. I've only had a BB for about 3 months now and I love this thing! Feels like I traded in a Pinto wagon for a Porsche. Thanks again guys! YAY I'm not screwed!

12-07-09 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD