i had google maps on my phone but deleted it because i downloaded a different map/gps app but that was messed up to so i redownloaded google maps but now it keeps saying "waiting for gps" or "gps temporalrily unavailable but i have my location turned on and when i go to 'my location' it keeps jumping around all over the place while im sitting in the same place. i don't know if its something with the application permissions or what but please help
    01-15-11 05:57 PM
    Battery pull is a good idea after uninstalling/installing apps. Keep us posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 06:13 PM
    I've done a battery pull multiple times after uninstalling and installing it both because my phone keeps freezing... my friend told me to upgrade my OS but idk how to...
    01-15-11 06:17 PM
    i had google maps on my phone but deleted it because i downloaded a different map/gps app but that was messed up to so i redownloaded google maps but now it keeps saying "waiting for gps" or "gps temporalrily unavailable but i have my location turned on and when i go to 'my location' it keeps jumping around all over the place while im sitting in the same place. i don't know if its something with the application permissions or what but please help
    I had the same problem when I first downloaded app. After multiple Bat pulls and checking my settings were correct. I just went to an open location outdoors and it took about five min to aquire the fix. It works much faster now, but this happened for days trying to get my first initial fix from inside my house. I can use the app all day while out in the car or walking around but i am still not able to aquire a startup signal inside my house.
    01-15-11 06:40 PM
    They always recommend being close to a window, closed or open.

01-15-11 07:10 PM
    It doesn't work no matter where I am. The first time I tried to use it I was in a car but it still said the same thing.

01-15-11 07:16 PM
    What carrier do you have?

01-15-11 09:22 PM
    I have verizon but it the alltel curve

01-16-11 10:29 AM
    I have verizon but it the alltel curve

Well Verizon disabled the GPS in the 8330 & that may be why yours doesn't work.

01-16-11 11:35 AM
    Oh wow. So I can't use any navigation apps?

01-16-11 11:38 AM
    Oh wow. So I can't use any navigation apps?

Some Alltel 8330 owners on VZW that still have an AllTel plan reported that their GPS still worked, idk. I used VZNavigator ($9.99/month). I have heard that BING maps works, although it is a pretty big app, but so is VZNavigator. Hope this helps, good luck!
    JB
    01-16-11 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD