Hi,
    I installed Google Maps on my phone and it didn't work for me. No I'm trying to remove it and I can't.

I tried following steps:

- In BB Desktop Manager --> Application Loader --> Add/Remove Applications, Google Maps is listed with the rest of the applications. To remove the application from the device i need to clear the check box beside the application, but it doesn't work. Shows: "no action required".

- In BB device--> Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications --> Google Maps 3.0.1 menu --> Delete, removes Google Maps 3.0.1 from the list of applications, but the icon and the program remains in the main menu of the phone.
    If I repeat same steps (Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications), Google maps won't be listed in Application list any more, but it can be found in Modules. Only there is no Delete option available over there.

Thank you.
    11-12-09 09:07 AM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull and then checking again?
    11-12-09 09:42 AM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull and then checking again?
    Yeah, tried that. Kept it off and without battery for at least 5-10 min. No luck.
    11-13-09 09:47 PM
    usually a delete of an application, or at least some, require a reboot. if the app truely isnt there in the list anymore, just hide the icon.

you can also re-download google maps, new version out now is 3.2.0. so i dont know why you were trying to install 3.0.1. download the newest one and re-install. if it still doesnt work, try re-deleting it.
    11-13-09 10:47 PM
    usually a delete of an application, or at least some, require a reboot. if the app truely isnt there in the list anymore, just hide the icon.

you can also re-download google maps, new version out now is 3.2.0. so i dont know why you were trying to install 3.0.1. download the newest one and re-install. if it still doesnt work, try re-deleting it.

Interesting. I didn't know about v.3.2.0 available. I'm new in BB world, so downloaded and installed the one I found first. From Google, btw.

I'm certainty gonna try that. Is it gonna be an update or totally new installation? Hopefully I'm not going to end up having two unusable applications i can't get rid of!
    11-14-09 09:40 AM
    Interesting. I didn't know about v.3.2.0 available. I'm new in BB world, so downloaded and installed the one I found first. From Google, btw.

I'm certainty gonna try that. Is it gonna be an update or totally new installation? Hopefully I'm not going to end up having two unusable applications i can't get rid of!
    you shouldnt. the phone detects the higher version and asks you if you wanna replace the old one with the new one.
    11-14-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD