earlier today i tried to call someone who's service isnt all that amazing and i couldnt hear them, thinking it was their phone i just blew it off then i tried to call my sister on the same plan as i am and i couldnt hear her either, calls in and out dont work and i am wondering if i accidentally did something or if i should bring it back to the store....its only 3 weeks old thanks!
    08-01-08 12:47 AM
    Try a battery pull before you return it -

with the phone still on, take out the battery, leave it out for 30-60 seconds, then put it back in. your phone will power up and reboot.

Did that work?
    08-01-08 01:06 AM
    I'm no expert at this...But did you try to pull the battery??? That usually fix like 90% of the problems i have with my pearl...Are you sure you haven't dropped any kind of liquid in it??? I'm sorry you are having these problems... I hope this helps!!! By any chance it dosen't then i would take it back to the store it should still be under warranty... Good luck!
    08-01-08 01:11 AM
    just do a battery pull and you should be alright. That's a common problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 02:15 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That is a common problem 8330 owners have been reporting.

It is caused by interrupting certain audio files. The speaker is not released.

Most common culprits are audio notes from non-BlackBerry devices or custom ringtones.

There is a quick fix workaround. When you experience the problem, activate Voice Activated Dialing. That will force the speaker free and you can continue your conversation.

Once you determine which audio clips are causing the problem, delete them and try something else.
    08-01-08 10:59 AM
    thanks so much! i took the battery out and it worked again! i will try the voice activated dialing next time-but hopefully it just wont happen again lol
    08-01-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD