Well, you've stumped me. It sounds like a Windows problem, not a Blackberry. Maybe some of the smarter guys can weigh in?

Help, anybody?
    05-11-08 04:18 PM
    Ya, I'm stumped too. I have also tried 3 different PCs, 2 PCs and 1 laptop and still same thing. What if i re-flash it with 4.2.2.180 OS ??? At the moment my 8320 is unlocked so if i re-flash it again would it lock it to T-Mobile? If i went to their site and downloaded 4.2.2.180 OS?
    05-11-08 04:29 PM
    I believe unlocking is a one-time, irreversible event. So you shouldn't have a problem there. And, you anticipated my next thought, which was to check the MS knowledge base. But if you've already tried 3 different PCs, I don't see it as a corrupted windows issue.

It might be worth dropping this thread and starting a new one under your name. This one has so many posts that a lot of people probably aren't bothering to look at it any more: they looked once, a while ago, thought it irrelevant, and moved on. A new thread with a new title and a new user name might draw some fresh insight. If you do create one, I'll refrain from responding to it to keep it at 0.

Good luck, and I'll be watching to see if you get more help. And if you solve it all on your own, for goodness' sake post the answer for the rest of us!
    05-11-08 04:41 PM
    hi to all

onl with memory card in the device i can transfer music, video ringtone etc? or i can transfer with out memory? thanks
    05-12-08 07:40 PM
    Same question as above - I have a few new ringtones I'd like to load into my new Pearl. I tried emailing them, but the URLs don't come in as links.

Then I downloaded them, and I can't seem to get my computer to reconize my bberry as a mass storage device. I ahve everything enabled, but it's very mad at me that I don't have an actual card 'inserted in the device'

Thanks for the help!
    05-21-08 05:24 PM
    You have to have a Media Card inserted in the blackberry to use Mass Storage Mode. You can't use the device memory in that way.
    05-21-08 07:56 PM
    I have the same problem as in post 1 and nothing has worked. Still can't recognize my media-card...mass storage on, off, etc. comupter won't recognize it either. I know it's working becasue I can access it on my bb...Very frustrating at this point.
    05-28-08 09:03 PM
    Did you change the drive letter? That worked for the post #1 question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 09:34 PM
    The drive doesn't show up.
    05-29-08 04:12 PM
    I'm taking it a repair center tomorrow to let a tech play with it but not sure what they can do unless they can hook it up to a computer to see if the drive shows up. That still won't help if I can't find it on mine....We'll see what they say.
    05-29-08 04:16 PM
    Let us know what you find out. I haven't had a good success rate at solving this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 10:43 PM
    I was going to try to restore the system to an earlier time to see if that would fix the problem but got this message:

"Changes made to drive (s) F:\ after this point cannot be reversed because the drive was either excluded from the system restore monitoring, or was turned off or removed."

I cancelled out....Does anyone know if this has anything to do with the problem?
    06-04-08 08:30 PM
    I had the same issue. my windows was not able to recognized my BB. The issue was that I have my Drive D and E mapped to something else. Once you remove the mapping. It will start woking.

I hope this will help.
    06-29-08 05:15 PM
    Hi...

Yeah I�m getting the same thing� my PC will not see my device as a mass storage. Have tried everything
    It�s not in windows disk manager
    Have both OS and DM 4.5
    It�s a 8GB card (the BB sees it fine)
    Windows device manager sees the phone itself fine and I can use app loader ect.

Did anyone figure this out??

i'm getting the Media manager version of DM now... but i dont want to have to use it after everyone says it's crap so??
    08-03-08 10:19 PM
    Hi...

Yeah I�m getting the same thing� my PC will not see my device as a mass storage. Have tried everything
    It�s not in windows disk manager
    Have both OS and DM 4.5
    It�s a 8GB card (the BB sees it fine)
    Windows device manager sees the phone itself fine and I can use app loader ect.

Did anyone figure this out??

i'm getting the Media manager version of DM now... but i dont want to have to use it after everyone says it's crap so??
    It sounds like you have a drive letter conflict. With your Blackberry plugged into the USB, right Click on MyComputer, select Manage and Disk Management and select a drive letter that's not in use. That should fix you right up.
    08-03-08 10:30 PM
    Thanks... but i already said that... not in Disk Managment so no luck there...

Just so you know in order for it to be in Disk Managment, it would also have to be in Device Manager... if it's not in there its not anywhere

So basicly i have tried everything everyone has said with no luck... i'm trying to get another Curve to test if its the machine or the BB...
    08-03-08 11:50 PM
    the pc doesn`t see the media card as a media storage devidce, the roxio manager from the desktop application works, very very very slow, but works, in roxio it sees the media card, but it doesn`t apear in windows explorer.
    and the same problem if i try to change the driver letter , it doesn`t appear in the drivers list. it is in the roxio as E but not in Disk Management ....
    10-29-09 12:24 PM
    TRY PATCHING YOUR BB ...
    VISIT MYBLOG for detailed explanation ...

This is common problem for 83xx USB mass storage ...
    01-16-10 11:31 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD