I'm able to open and view the attachment from my email fine, but when I try to download the .xls file, I get an error message "You are about to download a file that cannot be viewed on your Blackberry device. Continue, Yes-No" If I choose yes it saves a file that I can't view. Any Ideas?
    05-22-09 10:43 AM
    Viewing a saved file requires a third-party app; native BlackBerry can only view email attachments. I'm on wap so I can't see your information, sorry - if you have OS 4.5, it ships with Documents to Go but doesn't automatically install the D2G apps. You may need to install D2G using AppLoader in Desktop Manager.

If you don't have 4.5, there's GridMagic or eOffice, or you can upgrade to OS 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 05-22-09 at 11:23 AM.
    05-22-09 11:19 AM
    Viewing a saved file requires a third-party app; native BlackBerry can only view email attachments. I'm on wap so I can't see your information, sorry
    They don't have it listed, but since they show Sprint as their carrier, and they are new, it is likely that it is 4.5.0.131 OS, unless the phone is used or was older stock, in which case it could be a 4.3 variant.

Anyway, to the OP, press ALT+L_SHIFT+H and find out what the "App Version" is. If it is 4.5, you should be able to install Docs to Go through your Blackberry Desktop. It is a good program and will read/edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint in the version included with the 4.5 OS.
    05-22-09 02:26 PM
    I was just looking for this program as well. I already had Docs to go on my phone but it only has word to go and slideshow to go. You'd figure they would add that one in too.
    05-25-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD