I have BIS pushing my gmail and hotmail to my blackberry. And I also use redirector to send my work email to my BB.

So I started a little business and signed up with dreamhost for my website and they use gmail as there email provider. I setup gmail, and used the same settings as my home account, but I can only receive email, not send.

I followed all the instructions I could fine on dreamhost, BIS, and gmail.

I hope I described my problem clear enough. Any suggestions what I am missing.

As always any help is appreciated.
    09-28-08 07:50 AM
    If you were using redictor (GARBAGE SOFTWARE BTW) remove the DM and re-install it for BIS,

As for not sending you mail from the new acct which is tied to gmail. Check the gmail and make sure pop/imap is enabled. Then I would try to delete the email source from the BIS and re-create it. If this does not resolve the issue, then I would contact you email host for assistance. You need to ask them if there are issues between them and gmail. Ask if there any special ports any thing like this.
    09-28-08 08:50 AM
    That happened to me for awhile. I would receive a error when emailing pics or sending any email at all. After I resent my service books then did a battery pull everything was fine.
    Menu>setup internet email>service books.
    Last edited by stxeph; 09-28-08 at 09:03 AM.
    09-28-08 09:00 AM
    Try this (I just did and it works). Go through your contacts in your BB. If you find your work e-mail or YOUR OWN contact information, delete it.

RIM OS freaks out when you try to use an e-mail in the contact list to send with. Can't explain any better but when I removed my own contact information (work address, work e-mail), my hotmail account instantly worked again (sending and forwarding).

Good luck.
    12-16-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD