Prepare for a novel post...

I got my curve a week ago and....I love it. It's amazing. Here's my phone history:

1. LG VX8100 (VZW)
    2. Moto RAZR (VZW)
    3. LG LX550 (Sprint)
    4. LG VX9800 EnV (VZW)
    5. BlackBerry 8330 (VZW, current)

I have to say that it's obviously the best phone I've ever used/encountered. The only phone more feature rich is the iPhone, which is bad for texting and we don't have even EDGE in our area so it doesn't help me. We do, however, have EV-DO. I usually always have 3-4 bars in my house so browsing and data on my curve are spectacular.

The web browsing for my EnV sucked. It was basic mobile web on the openwave browser. No real HTML support and SSL support is pitiful. My LX550 was nice because it ran java apps at least, but we don't have sprint EV-DO here so it didn't do that well either.

The curve navigates so easily through the menus with the trackball. I was attracted to the phone because it is sleek, sexy, thin, light, and feature rich. The keyboard is not too big, not too small, and blows my EnV keyboard out of the water. The keyboard on the EnV is really wide because of its candybar shape, whereas the curve keyboard is compact which makes for quick swift typing for email, texting, and typing in my browser. The screen is a very nice size for a compact smartphone. The camera loads up quick and the flash makes for great pictures for a 2MP camera. Also, I LOVE that this phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack! Not many phones do have one, just those dumb 2.5mm jacks. It makes for great listening on the go, and I have more or less replaced my ipod in my car with my phone that I connect to my stereo.

I like how instant the push email is. When I have my phone next to me and I'm on my mac with my mail app open, my phone vibrates with a new email at the exact same time my mail app does. Amazing. I love how simple email is on the curve and how easy it is to manage via BIS. I like how, unlike the LG phones, it retains text messages until you delete them. It is SOO much faster in general than the Q9c I had for a few days (which I returned during my initial 30 day period). The web browsing is fast and the java apps I use run smoothly too. I am able to download files quickly over the EV-DO network and streaming youtube videos never requires re-buffering.

I love how the phone is just so great looking. I love holding it in my hand and when I take my silicone cover off to wash it...seeing my curve without it on is like seeing a dirty picture hahaha it's a treat. My battery has no problem making it all the way through the day even with calls, texting, and data usage. I don't think people appreciate blackberries truly until they have one. Most of my friends say they wouldn't want my phone...I look at them like they're crazy. One of them rather would have the verizon SMT5800 than the curve, I almost shot him lol. Before getting mine I was the same way. I didn't want one because I thought I would hate the trackball and the BB OS and interface. I was wrong. I love how it supports java out of the box and the OS is really easy and fun to use, kicks the crap out of WM6 for the Q.

SOOO happy with my new phone and I know I will love it for another 2 years until I get to upgrade again (unless a new, better BB for verizon comes out that is) ! I'm addicted to it and addicted to this site. I have all my thread subscription emails coming to my curve so anywhere I'm at I can browse to updated threads and keep up on them I really just can't express enough how much I love my phone, it's really great overall.

Thanks for reading :P
    -Caleb
    07-27-08 12:23 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry and the Addiction!!!
    07-27-08 12:25 AM
    Congrats on your new device.
    07-27-08 12:37 AM
    Welcome Welcome Welcome! Glad you're happy with your new Curve. For many that have switched, the fun has just begun.
    07-27-08 12:38 AM
    Welcome aboard Enjoy
    07-27-08 12:54 AM
    Congrats on the new Curve and welcome to the board!!!!
    07-27-08 12:57 AM
    I share your love for the Curve... Welcome and enjoy
    07-27-08 12:59 AM
    I got my curve a week ago and feel the same way. I'm intrigued about your comment about songs on car stereo via phone. I use my ipod for car stereo. Is it really that easy to transition from ipod to music on BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 01:20 AM
    I got my curve a week ago and feel the same way. I'm intrigued about your comment about songs on car stereo via phone. I use my ipod for car stereo. Is it really that easy to transition from ipod to music on BB?

Have you heard of the program called BlackBerry Media Sync. It provides a way for you to sync playlists from your iTunes to your BB memory card! Wonderful application!!

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned into You
    07-27-08 01:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-27-08 01:07 PM
    But seriously I love this phone. Lol.

07-27-08 02:29 PM
    Welcome and congrats on your Curve. I agree it is a great device.

07-27-08 03:03 PM
    Hello and welcome!

07-27-08 03:04 PM
    Yup, sweet phone!

07-27-08 03:13 PM
    Have you heard of the program called BlackBerry Media Sync. It provides a way for you to sync playlists from your iTunes to your BB memory card! Wonderful application!!

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned into You
    Unfortunately it's for windows only. I use mac and I just created a playlist in iTunes for my CB then dragged all the files onto my sd/music folder and it works fine.
    07-27-08 07:20 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Sure wish I had a Curve.

07-27-08 07:23 PM
    Welcome! I love my Curve too! Its the first phone I've had a phone with a camera in a while. My previous BBs didn't have cameras.
    07-27-08 08:42 PM
    Welcome....
    07-27-08 10:22 PM
    Congrats on the new Curve and welcome to CB!!
    07-27-08 10:37 PM
    I just added tethering to use for a couple weeks for $15 and I'm loving it! Its really cool I just love my CB it is so easy to use and has so many great features

07-27-08 10:54 PM
    Good Review. I hope to be writing the same when I get my Blackberry later this week!
    07-28-08 04:51 AM
    Wow!! Someone truly loves their Curve =]
    07-28-08 08:19 AM
    I miss that amazing joy you get in the first hours of having your new blackberry...but it is still nice. I love my CB a lot it's my favorite possession I would say it does everything and btw I love the media player and how it runs in the background and auto pauses and resumes before and after an incoming call. I love how the phone feels in my hand and how accurate I have gotten with typing. Even though it's only Rev.0, data and tethering access is still very enjoyable.

Also, for anyone wanting a basic skin for their 8330, i recommend the ones offered specifically for the 8330 at boxwave.com. I ordered one from there and it's amazing, great soft feel and is truly frost color unlike my other one I purchased in-store which quickly became off-white.

-Caleb
    08-03-08 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD