Alright so tonight I did a battery pull on my phone while it was working fine, and I was not running any apps. It rebooted and I got the 'JVM Error 102' error...I tried resetting numerous times and it just would not boot into my OS. So I use JL_Cmder to wipe it and that's where I'm currently at. I keep trying to use DM to reinstall my OS 4.5, but it's not prompting to install it, and I can't figure out how. I deleted my vendor.xml and installed the OS to my computer of course, but I cannot get it to my phone. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Caleb
    10-26-08 01:04 AM
    Read the following link and see if this helps you out:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Good Luck
    10-26-08 02:37 AM
    The problem is that you are installing the same OS so apploader is not going to find an upgrade to install. The following instructions are from the 101 guide. You need to trick apploader into installing your OS. . These instructions do work.

If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file just as described above.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 03:18 AM
    This also is the reason one should try a reset soft and then the hard before doing a battery pull. Things can go wrong. Soft reset > press alt-right shift-delete. Hard reset> press alt-right shift-delete again just as your screen lights up from the soft reset.

10-26-08 03:25 AM
    Yeah, by that I meant I did Alt+Shift+Delete. I didn't actually do the battery pull.

But I wiped, deleted my vendor.xml last night and tried one final time. It worked, except my media player won't launch due to an error. This is what happened the first time I upgraded to 4.5, so looks like I will have to reinstall it again. Joy.
    10-26-08 10:13 AM
    That's good, some people like to pull the battery, but I have heard some horror stories about it, lol. Your OS should load OK if you use the method above after deleting your vendor file. But if you keep having problems, like with the media player, you could try Pete06's crackmem program. It does a very good wipe before helping you upgrade your OS. I put the link to it below, read the help file after you dnld and install it. One other thing, Joy, the apploader does wipe your device when you do a normal OS upgrade. Good luck.
    Mike
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

10-26-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD