with Verizon, i can only send 160 character texts to other networks, but to Verizon, they can be as long as i want. my old phone, the Voyager, let me do that. however, my BlackBerry stops me from typing once i reach 160 charcters. to me this is a HUGE problem. any way i can fix this?!
    08-08-09 01:21 PM
    There is a 3rd party app which I have, and LOVE, its called Beyond 160. Available in the app store here, you can type in the regular SMS native screen, when you run out of characters, hit the menu key, then scroll up to beyond 160 and it will let you keep going, it does send in however many pages you use up, or youcan also type an sms right from the icon, its very good, does what it is meant too, relatively cheap too fom what I recall.. check it out, I think they have a free trial
    08-08-09 01:23 PM
    with Verizon, i can only send 160 character texts to other networks, but to Verizon, they can be as long as i want. my old phone, the Voyager, let me do that. however, my BlackBerry stops me from typing once i reach 160 charcters. to me this is a HUGE problem. any way i can fix this?!
    no there is noway to fix it other than the 3rd party application noted above.

Also just to let you know this has hashed a million times. So I kindly remind you that search function on this site really is your best friend.

Also keep in mind that the application above will let you send up to 3 pages of SMS< but each page counts as a txt. Hope you have a good sms plan
    08-08-09 01:25 PM
    08-08-09 01:26 PM
    omg thank you so much you wonderful person! i am a textaholic and neeeeed that app!!

but aaugh its $6.99
    my old phone had it for free, i am sad.

i've got unlimited text so its ok..but why cant i send it all as one text?! my old phone let me do it...BB is supposed to be a upgrade
    08-08-09 01:27 PM
    There are devies out there that do support EMS = extended message service. They are few, BB does not support this. 7 Bucks is well worth the money for your addiction I used it for the test period and was happy with it, but I do not sms enough to warr the software. So I either send an email, call the person, or use MMS. MMS has a 1500 character limit.
    08-08-09 01:30 PM
    hey MMS makes it easier i got unlimited MMS too i'll toss in a pic with my text!
    then beg my parents for the new app.

thanks for all the help!
    08-08-09 01:33 PM
    hey MMS makes it easier i got unlimited MMS too i'll toss in a pic with my text!
    then beg my parents for the new app.

thanks for all the help!
    Cool - you do not even need the picture if you do not want
    08-08-09 01:34 PM
    Wow, know i know i must get mms, when i get my first bb... i hate being the only loser without one -.- but as soon as i get one i will be one of the only people (where i live) with an odin september!!
    08-08-09 02:05 PM
    Beyond 160 will let u go way beyond 3 pages!! I have sent up to 7 before with no problems. I just keep typin then hit send and the program breaks it down into seperate pages and sends it u will see 1/7 2/7 3/7 etc etc etc. Great program!! Must have!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 03:27 PM
    sprint only lets me send 160. 160 is more than enough for me, anything bigger i go with email
    08-08-09 03:33 PM
    Might as well use email
    08-08-09 10:43 PM
    I can not believe we're having this discussion AGAIN !

08-08-09 10:49 PM
    lolllllllll
    08-08-09 11:00 PM
    It's not a flaw. It's the way the phone was designed. Mods please close this useless thread rehash.
    08-09-09 03:54 AM
    It is the result of growth, CrackBerry and Blackberry are getting new enthusiasts all of the time. A little redundancy isn't gonna kill anyone.

Alexa, you coulda asked this in thr bar, though.

08-09-09 04:22 AM
    If you dont like it, sick of seeing it etc, why post to it, THAT info is ALSO "rehashed" time and time again.

Way to contribute some good helpful info... thumbs up.

*eye roll*
    08-09-09 06:54 AM
    It's not a flaw. It's the way the phone was designed. Mods please close this useless thread rehash.
    newbies don't ask questions, do a search, etc.... wtf, sorry were not as informed as some of you. people have questions, get over it.
    08-09-09 04:51 PM
    Good post jackbox! Or.....

If you really have that much to say, how making a damn phone call??

What a ludicrous idea!

08-09-09 05:12 PM
    160 character is really NOT that many characters etc and for people, like me that prefer not to text in text speak, well it uses them up rather quickly, and not ALL the time can we make phone calls - either ya like it, want it, or you dont.

People really are getting more and more helpful and positive around this place lately.

Sarcasm.
    08-09-09 05:33 PM
    just send it as mms & it's pretty much unlimited
    08-09-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD