while trying to access the internet, i received the following message:

http error 503: service unavailable

the server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. please try loading a different page.

what does this mean and how do i fix it?

thanks
    05-19-09 06:52 AM
    is this when you go to all websites or just one particular website?
    05-19-09 07:05 AM
    I've been getting this message a lot lately as well.

Usually it's been m.zedge.net(more so when I try to download something) and Themes4bb.com (trying to download ANY theme)

Sometimes even using Google to search for something.

It's quite annoying!
    05-19-09 11:30 AM
    It just means there is too much traffic on the server (busy). You have to try later. There isn't much you can do about it, other than to try later when there are less people accessing the web site.
    05-19-09 02:33 PM
    I get the same problem trying to access the mobile sites, but the full sites load no problem. For instance, I try to go to m.crackberry.com and I can never load it I always get 503, but I can immediately go to crackberry.com and it works. Some other mobile sites do it as well.
    06-11-09 01:42 PM
    I get the same problem trying to access the mobile sites, but the full sites load no problem. For instance, I try to go to m.crackberry.com and I can never load it I always get 503, but I can immediately go to crackberry.com and it works. Some other mobile sites do it as well.
    Make sure you aren't entering the mobile site url with a www. in front of them.

So it should be m.crackberry.com not www.m.crackberry.com (this isn't a real link )
    06-11-09 01:44 PM
    I think Emulation Mode needs to be set to Blackberry.
    06-11-09 01:49 PM
    I've been having the same problem for over a week now. I can't get the link to up grade Quicklaunch. Also, if I click on a bookmark it will open, but if I try and Google a site I get the same error message.
    06-20-09 08:06 AM
    Make sure you aren't entering the mobile site url with a www. in front of them.
    i literally just created an account so i could say thank you for posting that - i honestly have been trying for weeks to get on certain m. sites and now it works! thank you so much!
    06-30-09 10:19 AM
    I've been getting it when I go to craigslist...it sucks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 09:47 PM
    i have been having the 503 error message when i have been trying to get onto facebook chat and i have been going back to it and try it again but i still get the same message how do i get on to facebook chat without getting the error message . ??????????:crying
    12-10-12 03:42 PM
    i have been having the 503 error message when i have been trying to get onto facebook chat and i have been going back to it and try it again but i still get the same message how do i get on to facebook chat without getting the error message . ??????????:crying
    Im also having the same problem error 503 on facebook chat. Needs to reboot the device over again..blackberry dont have solutions with it!!!!
    08-28-13 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD