1) When I get emails, theres links in there I click, and it always uses the BB stock browser, but I want it to use Opera Mini. What do I do?

2) I upgraded my phone's OS to 4.5, am I suppose to get html email?
    10-21-08 02:29 AM
    you should be able to receive html mail now
    10-21-08 02:30 AM
    Hm all I see is text, no colors banners or the like, that you would see in your emails on a computer or laptop at home. Anything I can do about it?
    10-21-08 02:34 AM
    Opera cannot be set as the default browser.

To get HTML email you need to resend your service books from your carriers BIS webpage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 02:36 AM
    OS 4.5 does indeed support html email. Have you resent your service books? Also you will need to enable html. Open your message icon, press menu>options>email settings. Make sure you enable html from here. Remember only new messages will come through in the new format, existing emails will not.

In relation to your first question I'm afraid I'm not really sure but I think it needs to be the BB browser.

10-21-08 02:36 AM
    go into you message tab, hit menu/options/email setting. make sure html is set to yes
    10-21-08 02:37 AM
    what is service books? Sorry first time bb user.
    10-21-08 03:08 AM
    Service books are settings sent to your bb wirelessly.

Log into your carriers webpage where you set up your email and you will see a column on the left, select service books and then resend them. You could also open the email settings icon on your BB and send them from there.

10-21-08 03:14 AM
    what is service books? Sorry first time bb user.
    To send Service Books from your device do the following. I have also included what your browser settings should be for a better view. BTW, Service Books are files that tell your berry what services you should have on your device

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.
    10-21-08 03:22 AM
    To send Service Books from your device do the following. I have also included what your browser settings should be for a better view. BTW, Service Books are files that tell your berry what services you should have on your device

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.
    Thanks for the easy to understand how-to. Hopefully it works! -Jeff
    10-21-08 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD