Hi,
    I have two blackberry curve.
    I was using the one with 4.5 os and receiving the email in html format.
    I switched to other one with 4.2 os and email format was that of text.
    After two days when I went back to 4.5 os device, my email were still in text.
    Even though the email firnat is selected as HTML under the general options.

Download attachment option also doest appear on my handset.

Call to bb heldesk have been of no use.
    I have reinstalled the os already but of no use.
    Can someone help??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 05:03 AM
    If you are looking for it to show the email you already have on your phone in HTML format it will not. It will only show HTML format for emails that are recieved after the upgrade. Also check in your email settings and ensure enable HTML email is put on yes. Hope this helps ya out.
    03-28-09 05:30 AM
    Hi & welcome to CB.

Try going to your carriers BIS webpage (where you set up your email accounts) and resend your service books.

As stated above this will not change the format of emails already received just new incoming ones.
    03-28-09 05:39 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the help
    I tried hwat you suggested.
    Sent the service book to myt handset after upgrading the OS.
    Yet all NEW mails are still in text format.
    Anything else that I could do.
    Regards

03-29-09 11:46 PM
    when you are viewing an html email, click your menu button, you should see an option to get all images.. if you click that all the images will download to the email.
    03-29-09 11:54 PM
    My e-mails have never shown in "HTML" format. Yeah, I'll have the photo show here and there for newsletters, but its still very very unorganized and not "html style" at all. Yes, I have HTML enabled for all e-mail accounts.
    03-30-09 12:09 AM
    I won't look like your emails on desktop.

03-30-09 12:28 AM
    For security reasons, externally link images will not automatically download. You have to hit Get Images for each email.
    03-30-09 07:28 AM
    This guy has the same problem as I do too. I got a new curve from vzw and it came loaded with 4.5 on it and I have noooo html and it set up exactly like my wifes and she gets html in her emails. And yes I have sent service books on multiple occasions and did a battery pull and still nooooo help to me.

04-05-09 10:46 AM
    Hook up to dm and go to apploader and make sure there is a check (I believe) attachment services.

If I remember correctly, I had to delete my email using my pc, re-add it, re-send service books from pc, and do a battery pull to get mine. No emails already on your BB will show html.

04-05-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD