Is it me or my BB8330 or is the BB HTML formatting HORRIBLE. I had an iPhone and the formatting for all emails was great. Pictures and text all just looked like I was reading them on a desktop PC. Then there is email via Blackberry. Pictures are either cut in half to show the 2 half's on top of each other or they just don't show at all and I have to do Menu>Show Images then Yes to accept. WHY? So many extra steps, and then do all that to have the formatting so ugly. Can someone shed a little light on this for me? Is there another app I can use? Everything else on my BB is great and better than the iPhone, its just this one thing REALLY urks me.
    09-04-09 08:22 AM
    Sometimes they are a bit rough, but other times they come in crystal clear without any problems. You have to remember for one that the size of your screen does play into these break-up issues, but as far as getting them to display do you have your settings set to automatically display images?

Message Options > E-Mail Settings > Download Images Automatically > Yes
    09-04-09 10:09 AM
    I have the same issue. I do have my options set to download images automatically but it never does....if i want them I always have to go in and tell it to display images. I have never had an iphone but i have had an ipod touch for a long time and I also prefer how it displays html emails.
    09-04-09 10:24 AM
    It's better you don't download them automatically. It will take longer to receive, and take up more memory. The ensula you want to see the images in, just take that one extra step to see. And teal they don't always render as well as they should, but all things considered, the push email all on it's own is awesome.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:23 AM
    It's better you don't download them automatically. It will take longer to receive, and take up more memory. The ensula you want to see the images in, just take that one extra step to see. And teal they don't always render as well as they should, but all things considered, the push email all on it's own is awesome.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This may be, but why give an option to 'Automatically download images' and then require you to request the images as well as accept their warning EVERY time. I don't really care about the download time or the memory. I want my images to download automatically like my settings tell it to.
    09-04-09 03:48 PM
    It's a security feature.

Images linked to the Internet will ALWAYS have to be manually retrieved.

Images that are embedded in the message will be automatically downloaded if that option is selected.
    09-04-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD