Since I've decided to start posting threads today I figured I'd go ahead and ask another question.....

I think I've seen it somewhere else on this site but I wanted to be more direct about it. When I get HTML E-mails it never has the images. I have to click the Menu > Get Images, even though in my E-mail options it says Automatically get images. Is there a trick you have to do to get this option to actually work or is it just a fake option and I'll always have to click Get Images for every e-mail?

Thanks for the help!
    01-23-09 05:10 AM
    I have been fighting this as well, but I've never asked on here. I believe you have to hit "Get Images" everytime though. I don't understand why though, like you said, if you have auto get images checked it should just do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 05:15 AM
    Haha, that's what I said! Oh well, I guess it's not that big of a deal....but it would be nice!
    01-23-09 05:19 AM
    What OS are you running. I'm on the beta .124 but I was just reading the official .124 release is a bigger file. Wondering if they may have fixed this issue. I'll be updating later today but I'm sure someone else will confirm this for you before I finish updating.

01-23-09 05:33 AM
    Haha when I first read your post I got really excited cuz I thought there was a new OS i was gonna have to get but then I saw you have the 8320 and I have the 8330. I got the newest OS 4.5.0.114 from CB.
    01-23-09 05:35 AM
    Yea it seems that option is kinda of false. If you have enabled to automatically download images it just gives you the option in your menu to get images. It is a security issue from what I understand. So we're just gonna have to keep doing what we are doing.
    01-23-09 05:59 AM
    Bah! Gotta love the false hopes haha! Thanks!
    01-23-09 06:01 AM
    Any images in the email that are EXTERNALLY linked will still have to be MANUALLY retrieved.

Any images in the email that are INTERNALLY embedded will be automatically retrieved if that's what you have set.
    01-23-09 06:11 AM
    Ah gotcha. Thank you for the clarification!
    01-23-09 06:15 AM
    It's a security issue, since you email address can be exposed when downloading external email images.
    01-23-09 06:17 AM
    Well who needs security in today's world haha! Oh well, I guess I'll have to click it everytime! Thanks for all the help!
    01-23-09 06:18 AM
    Anyone know how to fix this problem?

I removed the internet/email service for my bb, then added it back on couple days later. Now, I can't see the html images in my emails. They're just a bunch of links. My email settings are already set to enable html emails. My friend suggested I go on to the bb email set up and send service books again but that didn't seem to work. My OS is 4.5.81.

Thanks
    01-23-09 12:08 PM
    I'm on 4.5.0.77 and my html options are enabled but my "Get Images" menu commands are missing since I noticed yesterday, or earlier. No improvement since resending service books. Same status!

01-23-09 01:45 PM
    I have same problem> Does anyone have a fix?
    01-23-09 05:53 PM
    Delete all your email service books and resend. I thought I'd give it a try and it worked!
    01-26-09 11:15 AM
    That did not work for me. "Get Image(s)" is mysteriously absent.
    01-26-09 01:05 PM
    I have exactly sa,e problem. I have resent service books, enable html. You name it nothing works. If html comes in with attachment I can open but if imbedded in message forget it. There is no get images in menu. HELP
    01-26-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD