Yes, messenger uses data (internet)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 05:54 PM
    In order to use BB messenger, you must have a blackberry add-on with sprint. Not just any internet plan... Having a basic internet plan without BIS will give you everything but BB messenger BB maps and BB email. That is after you do a simple workaround of course

01-24-09 05:58 PM
    I have just a plain ol internet plan with Sprint with no BB service, and I am trying to figure out how to unlock the blackberry browser. Don't care about the messenger, just the browser. This is on a 8830WE. Any ideas?
    02-13-09 10:43 PM
    Generally what happens, if you don't have a browser on your screen, is that your phone didn't provision correctly. Meaning your data plan isn't being recognized. Try this;
    Go to "options", "mobile network", click menu button, and click start provisioning. If your browser doesn't show up, or you error out I would suggest calling sprint tech support and have them look at the issue.

02-14-09 12:26 AM
    There is no "unlocking the internet". The BB automatically will not display certain applications (BB Messenger, Browser, etc) unless Data Services is provisioned. Its that simple, no ifs ands or buts around it. Pony up and get a data plan. That's the point of a blackberry.
    02-14-09 12:48 AM
    Yeah, you will not get the BlackBerry browser without a BlackBerry data plan.
    02-14-09 07:16 AM
    how to re-register i have bb sprint (9500) please help me to unlock the browser in it
    05-05-13 01:54 PM
    Guys i have a question that, Can we use Other Internet Service on any Blackberry phone instead of BIS? I am thinking to buy a blackberry phone.

Can anyone help me ?
    09-04-13 07:21 AM
    Guys i have a question that, Can we use Other Internet Service on any Blackberry phone instead of BIS? I am thinking to buy a blackberry phone.

Can anyone help me ?
    No. Not with a legacy (ie pre BB10) BlackBerry device. You must have a BIS plan. Note that BB10 devices do not use the BIS data plan.
    09-04-13 04:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD