I like to snap photos of people on the sly - but that annoying "click" when you take the picture always gives me away... I don't want people to know Im taking pics -- Is there any way I can turn off that sound? Ive looked thru options and cant find anything... Help!!
    05-28-08 07:40 AM
    cant be done.. only while on a call.
    05-28-08 07:45 AM
    Can't be done other than those two work arounds. People like you are the main reason why you cant turn it off! lol
    05-28-08 07:49 AM
    is there any way to turn the volume down on it?
    05-28-08 07:53 AM
    nope, can't turn volume down.
    05-28-08 09:35 AM
    I like to snap photos of people on the sly - but that annoying "click" when you take the picture always gives me away... I don't want people to know Im taking pics -- Is there any way I can turn off that sound? Ive looked thru options and cant find anything... Help!!
    A little creepy...
    05-28-08 10:01 AM
    Hahahaha, what a creep.
    05-28-08 10:08 AM
    its not what your thinking - im an artist/photographer and i take candid shots of people in daily routines (on the subway, streets, etc..) its not like im trying to take creepy photos or anything, i just dont want people to know that im taking photos because then they wouldnt be "candid"
    05-28-08 12:13 PM
    If you're an artist/photographer, why are you using a measly 2MP camera? I'd think you would have professional equipment?
    brbrb likes this.
    05-28-08 12:22 PM
    If you're an artist/photographer, why are you using a measly 2MP camera? I'd think you would have professional equipment?
    ... my thoughts exactly.
    05-28-08 12:33 PM
    Exactly what I was going to say, Techie. And by the time someone hears the shutter, you already have your "candid" pic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 12:36 PM
    I bet you take it in to strip clubs... Prev

Kidding
    Yeah the camera sound is alittle annoying

brbrb likes this.
    05-28-08 12:39 PM
    This is funny its reminds me of a Montel Williams (yes I have watched it) episode I watched before about creepy dudes with camera phones.

This is not directed to the OP.

05-28-08 12:40 PM
    Actually that's a good point... the first shot is no problem as the click will give you away AFTER the pic is taken. If you don't get that first up-skirt shot perfect, you won't get another chance!
    05-28-08 12:46 PM
    he may or may not be legit ... if his intent is to take candid shots, professional equipment would be way obvious ... I have a Nikon D40 and it's pretty obvious when you are pointing a real camera at someone. 2 mega pixles is decent considering that it doesn't look like a camera.

At least give him the benefit of the doubt before judging him.
    05-28-08 12:54 PM
    LOL you can carry a compact cam and get 8.1mp quality pics and its small as heck!
    05-28-08 12:55 PM
    Same thing I was gonna say nilemann you cant be candid with a big SLR in your face. SO be nice guys.
    05-28-08 12:57 PM
    ok you guys are jerks.. first of all im a girl.. second of all, im doing a portfolio consisting entirely of camera phone pics. of course i have real SLR cameras, etc.. but im not walking around every day with one. this is a spur of the moment snapshot into the every day life, taken with portable technology, its a statement on people, communication, and isolation.. oh why am i even explaining myself - thanks for answering my question.
    05-28-08 12:59 PM
    im doing a portfolio consisting entirely of camera phone pics. of course i have real SLR cameras, etc.. but im not walking around every day with one. this is a spur of the moment snapshot into the every day life, taken with portable technology, its a statement on people, communication, and isolation..

If only you had said all of this at the outset...
    05-28-08 01:45 PM
    I didn't think it would cause this much of a fuss... Geez - dirty minds! Lol

05-28-08 03:52 PM
    I didn't think it would cause this much of a fuss... Geez - dirty minds! Lol

No we don't have dirty minds, we've just been around long enough to be suspicious.

Seriously, if you had just explained what you wanted to accomplish, no one would have seen red flags.

If I insulted you or your work, I humbly apologize, as I'm sure everyone on this thread will once they realize what you are trying to do. But you have to admit your original post did not acquit you or your work well. Bear that in mind the next time you formulate a question to the forum, or be prepared for what comes your way.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-28-08 at 04:10 PM.
    05-28-08 04:03 PM
    I'm certainly not judging. The OP's original question has been answered. You know these threads just turn into a crapfest afterwards anyways.
    05-28-08 04:04 PM
    Do what I do, I hate the clicking camera sound. So when I sneak up on a person to get a pic of them working, I scream "CHEESE" so ******** loud that my throat hurts. That way I do not have to hear that little click sound......And it makes for some great pics!!!!!

If it were not for the camera and the video cam on my phone so many of children's most funniest moments would be just memories. I have to have both on my cell phone.
    05-28-08 04:41 PM
    Yea I mean most of the time its a guy trying to turn the sound off so they can take sneeky pics so people are usually suspicious out right.

05-28-08 04:47 PM
    I can see the need for no sound.. It doesn't mean somrthings creepy...

05-28-08 05:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD