I just bought an 8GB card for my curve. I would like to transfer all of my pictures and ringtones from the sytem memory to the card. However I'm not able to access the system memory in windows explorer or in roxio media manager. If I enable mass media storage and use windows explorer I only see the media card. If I use roxio, it doesn't see the device at all.

I did not format the card because when I installed it the device imediately recognized it and it seems to work fine. I just don't want to have to manually transfer each file using the device.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    10-11-08 08:10 AM
    YOu can go into th media manager in your device. Then hit menu and explore. This will let you see the device mamory and the SD card. the you can move the files over to the card.
    10-11-08 08:13 AM
    I appreciate your help. However I am trying to do this using my PC. It will take too long to manually transfer each file one at a time from the device memory to the card on the blackberry itself.
    10-11-08 08:33 AM
    You cannot do this on your PC. The PC cannot see the Device Memory it can only see the Media Card as a rather slow USB drive.

However there is a way. Get Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor and install it. It costs $19.95 but comes with a 30 day trial and you can export 15 items at a time.

Do a Backup using Desktop Manager and remeber where it put the Backup file. Most likely this will be in My Documents. The Backup file will be named this Backup-(2008-10-11).ipd.

Open this file with the above program and select Pictures. Select the ones you want and save them to disk.

Repeat this with any other media you have on the BlackBerry and then go and delete it from the phone.
    10-11-08 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I have already transfered all of my files manually. Appearently it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Does anyone know why Roxio Media Manager doesn't seem to work? I'm running the 4.5 OS and Desktop Mananager 4.6. Though it does seem to be faster to transfer the files through Windows explorer, I'd like to at lease play around with Roxio to see if there are any bennefits.
    10-11-08 09:27 AM
    Hmmm! I can transfer files using Desktop Manager. I can transfer files to and from device mem or memory card. I have the one with Media Manager though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 09:37 AM
    You can see Device Memory and Memory Card in the lower left:

10-11-08 09:45 AM
    My screen says no device found in the lower right pane. What os and desktop manager versions are you running?

10-11-08 11:12 PM
    YOu can go into th media manager in your device. Then hit menu and explore. This will let you see the device mamory and the SD card. the you can move the files over to the card.
    I was trying to figure out this memory issue on my own. This one line was very helpful. I appreciate it.
    10-13-08 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD