Please pardon my ignorance. But I was wndering how I store everything on my media card. I have taken numerous pics with my Sprint 8330 and they all say they're going to the media card, but when I look at "media card" under the Options it says Total Space = 1.8GB, Free Space = 1.8 GB.
    What about after market applications? Can I store them on the media card as well?
    Thanks in advance.

Jim
    01-23-09 08:55 AM
    Have you actually looked to see if the files are on the media card, not just looking at what disk space there is? Seems quite trivial to look at the free space and not the actual files.

It's a media, meaning only media can be stored on it. So no, applications can't.
    01-23-09 09:02 AM
    Speaking of media cards, I'm getting my BB 8330 on Saturday and the first thing I bring to the store will be a media card (4GB).. Can texts, themes, and pics be all diverted (at setup) to the media catd therefore bypassing the bb's internal memory?

Thanks
    01-23-09 09:21 AM
    Again, it's called a media card... Pictures, music, documents, videos, ringtones, and voicenotes are the only items you can store on a media card.
    01-23-09 09:33 AM
    Again, it's called a media card... Pictures, music, documents, videos, ringtones, and voicenotes are the only items you can store on a media card.
    ok then, at setup, can I have all those items you mentioned defaulted to the media card?
    01-23-09 09:37 AM
    Open the Camera app, bring up the Options Menu (via BB menu button), and change the "Store Pictures:" setting to "On Media Card".

For the pictures that you've already taken, you will need to move them manually from the Device Memory to your card.
    01-23-09 09:50 AM
    Open the Camera app, bring up the Options Menu (via BB menu button), and change the "Store Pictures:" setting to "On Media Card".

For the pictures that you've already taken, you will need to move them manually from the Device Memory to your card.
    Thanks, I appreciate it...
    01-23-09 09:55 AM
    No you can't install themes, games and so on to the media card.
    01-23-09 10:40 AM

What other things can I put on the memory card to ease the strain on the internal memory?
    01-23-09 04:03 PM
    If you read post #4, Sunkast details the items that can be stored on the media card.
    01-23-09 05:28 PM
    Just wanted to add something. While I have found the media only bit to be true 99% of the time, I did encounter 1 application that gave me the option of storing application data on my media card - Zumobi xbox app. If zumobi has found a way to store data on the media card, I'm guessing that other developers will eventually take advantage of it as well. Feel free to add your 2 cents.

D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD