I've had the old school blackberry and the 8700 - both had the ability to make the phone stop ringing mid-ring without actually ignoring the phone call.

I like to let my phone continue to receive the incoming call without the persistent ring. If I'm talking to someone (not on the phone) or in a place where i can't answer the phone when it rings (ringer setting is on normal) I used to roll the scroll wheel and it would stop ringing and vibrating while the call continued to come through.

This way, the caller doesn't go straight to voicemail and KNOW that I am ignoring their call for the time being.

I have the 8310 Curve and cannot figure out how to do this. If it hit the "Back" button it will make the ring stop for a second but then comes back on the next ring.

I hope this makes sense.

THANKS!!!
    01-05-08 01:02 PM
    on the top of the curve, there should be a "mute" button...atleast that's were it is on the Pearl and 8800. This will have the desired affect you're looking for.
    01-05-08 01:05 PM
    perfect!!! that was quick, thanks. not sure how i missed that one.
    01-05-08 01:09 PM
    Glad I could help! If you've still got the 8700, you'll notice that it has the same mute button
    01-05-08 01:11 PM
    i just assumed the mute button was for muting the speaker when in calls and always used the scroller to mute the ring. i loved my 8700 but had to upgrade because my battery life was killing me and got a great upgrade offer from ATT.
    01-05-08 01:50 PM
    You can also hit the down volume button which has the same effect!
    01-05-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD