how do i easily send a text message without having to press the trackball and pressing SEND? i want it like how it is on BBM or AIM, all i have to do it press that arrow on the right. please help. thanks.
    06-26-09 04:09 PM
    No other way that I know of, except to press the menu button and select send
    06-26-09 04:12 PM
    Since a txt is not an instant message like BBM or AIM and allows return carriages, you can't.
    06-26-09 06:19 PM
    Dude just hit the track ball twice really fast. It takes like a half of a second. What is the problem with that? lol
    06-26-09 06:26 PM
    Dude just hit the track ball twice really fast. It takes like a half of a second. What is the problem with that? lol
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I was like wtf? How lazy are people getting? Is it really that hard to press your trackball twice? Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 06:28 PM
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I was like wtf? How lazy are people getting? Is it really that hard to press your trackball twice? Lol.

Yep, you don't even have to look at the screen! Just press it twice and it sends. I mean it's like a fraction of a second. lol
    06-26-09 06:34 PM
    I have not problem pushing the trackball twice. After I do though it's like my device freezes for almost a 2 - 3 seconds after that. I have over 40mb of ram. I got rid of a bunch of apps cause I thought that was the cause. Any thoughts?
    06-26-09 06:40 PM
    That's because you have to delete your txt messages daily or else it causes a delay when you go to send them. It happens to all 8330s, not sure if other bb's do the same (prolly though)

06-26-09 06:49 PM
    What about trying an application like qsms? It allows one to get the create a sms/text message by pressing the letter Q. Albeit to actually send the message you'd have to select menu \ send.

06-26-09 06:52 PM
    I have not problem pushing the trackball twice. After I do though it's like my device freezes for almost a 2 - 3 seconds after that. I have over 40mb of ram. I got rid of a bunch of apps cause I thought that was the cause. Any thoughts?
    I don't know. Mine never freezes it's fast.
    06-27-09 09:49 AM
    Its a sending delay. 2 seconds is not a freeze. Mine does the same thing. Are you a spammer and need to text people in that 2 to 3 second delay?

06-27-09 09:51 AM
    Seriously, I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. If you don't like pushing the trackball twice, mail me your phone and go buy yourself something other than a blackberry, because you don't deserve one anyway. I think in the entire time I have been using the 8310, and I'm on my third one now, with a fourth on the way, I have only made the mistake you described maybe two or three times. Its not such a big deal. Click, click, done.

06-27-09 11:43 AM
    That's pretty funny.
    I guess it just goes to show, no matter how easy or great you make something, someone always wants it easier or better.

06-27-09 11:46 AM
    LMAO that just the way it is......
    06-27-09 03:29 PM
    no other way : /
    06-27-09 09:30 PM
    i usually hit the menu button and then the enter key instead of trackball twice..idk its just habbit
    06-27-09 11:55 PM
    That's pretty funny.
    I guess it just goes to show, no matter how easy or great you make something, someone always wants it easier or better.

I don't think this person wants it "easier." I wanted the answer to this question not too long ago. I hate pressing the trackball "really fast, dude" or too much in fear of ruining it (i want it to stay good as new for as long as possible)
    Any how, my cure to the problem was to press the menu button to the left of the trackball and then pressing enter on the keyboard.. ..keeps the trackball working
    06-28-09 12:06 AM
    LMAO
    Laziness to another level.
    you make someone click twice and they wont once. If it were a one click send pretty soon they would want a voice command to send it.
    07-01-09 03:10 PM
    WoW! What's with all the vitriolic assertions of laziness.

Isn't convenience the second most important characteristic of the BB? Otherwise there wouldn't be any reason for quick keys on the qwerty.

Shouldn't the responses be more constructive to the OP's topic? I for one don't believe there is a free key on the qwerty for one touch sending.
    Although the OS could allow for the phone send button to send text while in a SMS/MMS field.

Why is the enter/return button even necessary in a 160 character SMS message? Why can't the enter/return button send the message? Everyone is used to sending IM's that way already.
    07-01-09 04:45 PM
    Someone close this thread so the girls stop fighting.

07-01-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD