I use gmail. I have heard that if you delete an email from google they still keep it for 30 days before wiping it off their server. What does RIM do with the emails that are routed thru their server?

How about txt messages? I have heard that once I delete a text message from my device and the other party does the same, there is no trace of the text at all. Does RIM store all texts sent via BB?

I have also read that the U.S. Government loves the BB devices because messages sent via BB are untraceable.
    10-15-08 08:03 PM
    I use gmail. I have heard that if you delete an email from google they still keep it for 30 days before wiping it off their server. What does RIM do with the emails that are routed thru their server?

If they are on RIM server, you cannot see them. no one can. I do not think they would provide you copies either without some type of legal action

How about txt messages? I have heard that once I delete a text message from my device and the other party does the same, there is no trace of the text at all. Does RIM store all texts sent via BB?

TXT are sent though your carriers system and do not see RIM system that I am aware of. If you delete them and the other person deletes them they are gone. for the common person anyway. If records are requested in a legal action, can a carrier get them? I have no idea.

I have also read that the U.S. Government loves the BB devices because messages sent via BB are untraceable.
    hope this helps

EDIT: If the device is on a BES server, I bet this server can log all info passed though it.
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-15-08 at 09:11 PM.
    10-15-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD