I have an OEM silicon skin for my curve which offers no protection for the screen. Have you guys had problems with the screen getting scratched up? I know i've had problems with my iPod's screen getting scratched but not my Palm Treos.
    05-24-08 04:49 PM
    Unfortunatly, the plastic lens over the screen is quite soft. I have managed to aquire a few scratches.

There are stick on screen protectors if you anticipate rough use.
    05-24-08 04:55 PM
    That was the 1st concern for me- protecting my berry. I purchased a holster and screen protector before I received my berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 05:13 PM
    That was the 1st concern for me- protecting my berry. I purchased a holster and screen protector before I received my berry

LOL, I am sure glad I have a Dog proof holster.

05-24-08 05:19 PM
    I have the OEM silicon skin too. I know what your talkimg about. I recently bought the bestkinsever.com screen protector for the Curve. It's probably the best 7 bucks I ever spent. If you put it on right (read the directions) you honestly can't even tell its there. Trust me, pick them up. 7 bucks shipped for 2 of em.

05-24-08 05:23 PM
    With my last berry I just had the skin and I noticed a lot of little scratches. I got a new berry (left the last one on top of the car) this week, and I bought a cheapo depo skin protector until my bse one comes in. I couldn't see the little scratches unless I was outside. I highly recommend you get one.

05-24-08 05:40 PM
    com'on, these are just plastics, the real screen is under the shell. no offense to anyone here, but I used to buy screen proctectors and skins too, But then I figure out it's silly to spend $10 dollars to proctect something worth less than that (meaning those plastic shells).
    05-24-08 05:51 PM
    Best Skins Ever was the best thing I EVER bought for my Pearl. When I bought the Curve the first thing I did was order BSE for it too.

It's just plastic, but I would rather it than buying new faceplates and voiding my warranty when I take my phone apart, kobexu.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-24-08 at 11:07 PM.
    05-24-08 06:02 PM
    I don't like scratches on my phone - especially my berry.

05-24-08 06:02 PM
    Thanks guys. I just purchased a pair of screen protectors from Best Skins Ever just now because they were on sale.
    05-24-08 09:08 PM
    I'll probably get a screen protector also but I don't like full cases. The seidio holster and ruberized battery door are next on the list. The OEM door is going to get scratched all to heck

05-24-08 09:25 PM
    The screen is very prone to scratches. The worst though, in my mind is dust that gets under the right side of the screen. Always keep it in the case/skin!!
    05-25-08 04:42 PM
    its a scratch magnet. i would definately get a bse or invisible shield at minimum.
    05-25-08 04:50 PM
    I hate the dust under the screen. Haven't heard many people complaining abt it recently.

05-25-08 04:54 PM
    It will scratch easily. I had an 8830, and the screen was forever acquring scratches. When I got my curve I immediately put on a cheapie protector from Best Buy. For all girls-- the biggest culprit of my scrathces was my earrings!
    05-25-08 05:26 PM
    my curve is only a few months old and has so many scuffs on the screen...i know a few other companies are going with tempered glass on some...seen then in the UK at MOBILE show.
    05-25-08 06:36 PM
    I use Bestskins on all of my devices. Cheap insurance and work great if you follow the instructions exactly. Sling excess moisture off of the skin before applying.
    05-25-08 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD