I just got a memory card for my Curve and want to move all pictures, music and ringtones to my memory card. In addition, I'd like the memory card to be my default location for all pictures, ringtones, etc. I download in the future. What do I need to do?

When I opened the desktop BB manager I got an option of "storing to mass device" (or something like that), but it said that I might not be able to open some media files that way, so I selected no. Did I select the correct option?

TIA.

Brandy
    08-07-09 04:38 PM
    Answer Yes to the Mass Storage Mode question - it means that while in Mass Storage Mode your device can't see the media card. It does not refer to the PC.

However, while you can see the media card with the PC, you cannot see the BlackBerry memory from your PC without using Desktop Manager with Roxio.

There are third-party file management apps for the BlackBerry that will allow you to move files en masse directly from on your device. Post back if you have more questions or want more details.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 08-07-09 at 04:57 PM.
    08-07-09 04:54 PM
    When you select Yes to the question about mass storage, you will then be able to "see" your sd card as a drive in my computer. open the blackberry folder and you'll see all the media folders. Just dump any pics or music you got in there and when you disconnect and enter media, it'll be there. theres also an option to select the media card as the default location for pictures and video you take if you open camera, hit the BB button, select options and scroll down to where it says store pictures. Good luck.

PS at least thats how it works for my phone!!!
    Last edited by el_ote; 08-07-09 at 05:03 PM. Reason: specify my own phone
    08-07-09 05:02 PM
    Answer Yes to the Mass Storage Mode question - it means that while in Mass Storage Mode your device can't see the media card. It does not refer to the PC.

However, while you can see the media card with the PC, you cannot see the BlackBerry memory from your PC without using Desktop Manager with Roxio.

There are third-party file management apps for the BlackBerry that will allow you to move files en masse directly from on your device. Post back if you have more questions or want more details.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks Jbeachy. I've answered yes to the mass storage mode, but I still cannot figure out how to move all of my stuff from the device storage to the memory card. I just got my curve a couple days ago, so at this point it's not a big deal to move them one by one.

Brandy
    08-07-09 05:05 PM
    When you select Yes to the question about mass storage, you will then be able to "see" your sd card as a drive in my computer. open the blackberry folder and you'll see all the media folders. Just dump any pics or music you got in there and when you disconnect and enter media, it'll be there. theres also an option to select the media card as the default location for pictures and video you take if you open camera, hit the BB button, select options and scroll down to where it says store pictures. Good luck.

PS at least thats how it works for my phone!!!
    Thank you so much! I didn't see your post the last time around. I am, however, still having a tough time saving new ringtones to my media card, rather than storage device. The default location is device memory and it won't give me the option of storing it on my media card. Do I need to do this via the desktop manager (by moving the files), or is there any way for me to redirect the files to the media card when I'm saving them?
    08-07-09 05:22 PM
    I'd look for the tones files in windows explorer and then move them to the appropriate folder in the sd card. never had this as a problem before, i hope you get this figured out.
    08-07-09 05:33 PM
    Are you downloading the tones with your bb or your computer?
    08-07-09 06:27 PM
    Okay, I just downloaded the tones and figured I'd move them from desktop manager if I had to, but they went to the card - I got a message after hitting save that they were stored there. So yay!! It's doing exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the help and responses.
    08-07-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD