Hi Guys, below are videos I have taken the time to make in order to make the Trackball dyeing process a breeze. A lot of people have asked me how to take the assembly apart and are very scared they might break something. Here are videos on the whole take out/take apart/put back together process. Enjoy!

Removing BB Curve Trackball Assembly

Taking apart BB Curve Trackball Assembly

Putting together BB Curve Trackball Assembly
    01-25-09 09:48 PM
    Thanks for taking time out to make these videos. You have been a true pioneer in the process of dyeing trackballs.

Though I must admit that I already feel comfortable with the whole process.

This will help a lot of people.

Maybe, this can be put in the How To forums?
    01-25-09 10:47 PM
    Thanks for the videos! I plan on picking up some dye for my trackball in the morning on the way home from work (yay night shift...), and the "put it back together" video will be helpful. =)
    01-25-09 11:28 PM
    Glad you found them helpful, please make sure to post your final result pictures HERE
    01-26-09 02:44 PM
    Sweet man thanks for sharing...
    01-26-09 10:12 PM
    This is a very great video that you made.. I was changing my bb trackball and i didnt know how to put it back in and you saved my LIFEand myBB'S LIFE.... Thank You
    02-16-09 04:32 PM
    Many thanks. This will come in handy in the near future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:28 PM
    awesome wasnt realy comfortable attempting it till i saw it done
    04-01-09 07:19 PM
    bump this up so people can start dying their own trackballs
    04-02-09 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the great advice! I was freaking out at 4 in the morning because my trackball stopped moving in the down direction and I thought I would have to take it back for servicing and be without it forever. NO!!! CrackBerry to the rescue!! Although I did send the ring flying and lost it for a half hour, I was able to soak the ball assembly (really gummed up) in IP Alcohol, clean with q-tips and air and VOILA, fully functioning!! I now know to cover the ring with a tissue or something to keep it from flying away, also, I think i will do the cleaning more often than once every 2 and a half years. Note: Be very careful to remove the q-tip fibers or they might jam it up after being cleaned.
    08-07-10 05:41 AM
    Okay, this is probably a real stupid question, but how do you view the videos on PhotoBucket? When I click on any of the links, I see the user's name "Azboricua". After I click "see their album", it asks for a password.
    08-07-10 03:25 PM
    Here is another trackball tutorial with some good pics:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/qui...6/#post2225904
    08-07-10 03:26 PM
    Thanks, this tutorial very easy to understand...
    08-10-10 02:10 AM
    whats the password for the videos? says i need to login.
    08-12-10 12:59 PM
    whats the password for the videos? says i need to login.
    Check out the tutorial linked in post #12 instead.
    08-12-10 01:29 PM
    Yepp. im going to.
    08-12-10 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD