Hi! New to this forum...
    I had a palm treo with touchscreen and my sister had a blackberry curve 8310/20? not sure...
    well we swapped phones... i wasn't happy with my palm and she wanted its windows mobile program.. so I need to know how we get her email & settings/etc off of her blackberry so i can put mine on there... we use cigular/att and just swapped a sim card to change phone service, but the email stuff didn't change with the cards... her email access is still on the phone, and i don't want access to her email! I want access to just mine! do I need to do a wipe of the whole blackberry or what? Please help us out!! Thanks guys!
    01-24-08 04:36 PM
    Hmmm, not sure what youre trying to gain by swapping settings (?) from a Treo to a Blackberry but your best bet is to sync the devices using outlook and wipe the blackberry by going to options, security options, general settings, hit menu, then wipe hanheld.

Once it reboots sync the info back to the blackberry in question. And be sure to updat your info on BIS and resend the service books.
    01-24-08 04:51 PM
    Also... if i have to do a wipe or whatever what exactly will be wiped? I don't want to have to add an OS back on or anything. Also don't want to mess up any phone or text ability...
    01-24-08 04:58 PM
    When you wipe the device, it is restored back to its factory settings, the same way it was when you first powered it on out of the box. No need to reload an OS
    01-24-08 05:04 PM
    Hmmm, not sure what youre trying to gain by swapping settings (?) from a Treo to a Blackberry but your best bet is to sync the devices using outlook and wipe the blackberry by going to options, security options, general settings, hit menu, then wipe hanheld.

Once it reboots sync the info back to the blackberry in question. And be sure to updat your info on BIS and resend the service books.
    Can somebody put this in simpler terms for me. Ok I am a 2nd day owner of a curve, I took it over from my EX. I want all her stuff out of it, email addr, pics, text messages..>EVERYTHING. Now I downloaded the software from the BB website and I have sync the phone up with my computer. I seen the backup and restore section and deleted a few things off the phone but there is still lots left. Now I don't see a option that says anything about WIPE the handheld on the desktop manager...

thanks for the help
    02-21-08 10:06 AM
    damn nevermind i just did it...i was really over thinking the problem
    02-21-08 10:11 AM
    this is the only part i am not sure of now

"And be sure to updat your info on BIS and resend the service books."
    02-21-08 10:12 AM
    So you want to delete your sisters e-mail and add your own--correct? If you have the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) data plan you should have a "Personal E-mail setup" icon somewhere which you need to click on. You then go follow the "Accounts" link which should reveal which e-mail accounts are setup for your phone. From there you can manipulate the accounts as you wish. Add, Delete, etc..

Hope this helps.
    02-21-08 10:47 AM
    thanks rsch.

I am not worried about setting up the email just yet, i have a I Phone that I use everyday and I was just going to play with the blackberry on my other line for now. When I plug up my I Phone it checks for any new updates, i figured the BB did the same but when I click on the desktop manager then click check for updates it just sends me to the BB webapge and it tells me about desktop software.
    02-21-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD