I need someone to explain how this is possible...

I have a sprint curve 8330 phone.

Senerio 1: I received a picture mail from person A (on an iPhone). This same picture was automatically forwarded to person B (a sprint customer with a sprint phone) without any intervention from me (knowingly). I consider myself very technical, so I know that I didn't intentionally takes steps to forward this picture.

Senerio 2: I typed an email from gmail.com to person A (same person as above) and a copy of the email got delivered to person B (same as above) to their sprint cell phone and it said that it was came from my sprint blackberry.

Since the people involved are "ex-girlfriends", perhaps you can see my dilemma and concern?

Anyway, I do not know how this would be possible without manually taking steps to set this up, so can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!
    07-07-10 07:30 PM
    Sounds like someone is having your emails forwarded to themselves. SMS is possible as well. Goto your gmail settings and see if there is an email address in the forwarding section.
    07-07-10 07:37 PM
    Stop emailing person A. She must be spoofing those emails to appear that you
    are sending them to person B.
    07-07-10 07:49 PM
    Is the BB that person B has one that you previously used? When I bought my Bold 9000, the guy I bought it from wiped it, but his emails were still appearing... that stopped when I registered/set-up my BIS to the device. It would've also stopped when he registered/set-up his BIS into his new iPhone.

*You do this on the phone (or carrier BIS site), where you set-up email on the device; there's an option/link that says switch device*

Check your Gmail & BIS settings, make sure auto forward is not on in both Gmail and all BIS email accounts
    If not on, change the Gmail password (will require you to re-register this account with BIS)
    Last edited by CASH; 07-07-10 at 08:37 PM.
    07-07-10 08:28 PM
    If both are ex g/f's, it shouldnt be a problem, right??
    07-08-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD