WOW, i called Best Buy today and they want a security Deposit of 1,000$ that i have to give them right away..... but then i called my local sprint store which only wants 100$
    08-11-08 04:55 PM

Is there a option to talk over Skype on my Blackberry?

Sorry, no VoIP with Skype.

The IM client is text only.
    08-11-08 05:54 PM
    That really sucks! Is there any chance to run a software on the BlackBerry so that it would work? Because I want to call some foreign countrys from my BlackBerry but its kind of expensive....
    08-12-08 04:04 AM
    That really sucks! Is there any chance to run a software on the BlackBerry so that it would work? Because I want to call some foreign countrys from my BlackBerry but its kind of expensive....
    Nope. Service books are needed from the cell company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 04:22 AM
    Two words, calling card.

That is usually the best deal in international calling. Rates are typically $0.04 - 0.10 min.
    08-12-08 09:51 AM
    Two words, calling card.

That is usually the best deal in international calling. Rates are typically $0.04 - 0.10 min.
    Sweet where do I get those? Any experience with calling cards?

Yesterday my Dad came into my room and told me he will pay for the Contract!! He said the last couple of weeks showed him how much I really want that and through all the help from the CrackBerry Users he now even think its helpfull! A big thanks to every user who helped me!!!

Now I cant wait. I called my Host sister from my last year and she agreed that we can drive to the Sprint Store after arriving at the Airport
    Last edited by Crillberry; 08-13-08 at 04:07 AM.
    08-13-08 03:54 AM
    Congrats man! Das ist sehr gut!! Meine Fater liebt meine Handy nicht.

Ok, so my German is a little rusty. My dad doesn't like my Blackberry enough to pay for it. . And I couldn't find the umlauts on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 10:05 AM
    Before you go and convince your Dad, you need to convince yourself. Ask yourself these questions:
    • What do you like about the BlackBerry?
    • What will improve as a result of getting the device?
    • Do you text a lot and/or need something to help you keep track of your appointments and tasks?

I'm 21, have my own job to make my own spending money (parents take care of everything else for now in return for 20% of my after-tax amount), and do have a BlackBerry. I've made a few reckless buying decisions here and there (e.g. my previous phone), but I am still able to talk myself out of most of buying stuff I really can make do without.

Since you are from Germany, you may want to consider getting service from a GSM provider (like T-Mobile) instead. That way, you can unlock the phone and it will be good for when you're here in the United States AND back at home in Germany.
    I'm sorry, you have to give your parents a kickback?
    08-13-08 10:34 AM
    Sweet where do I get those? Any experience with calling cards?

Yesterday my Dad came into my room and told me he will pay for the Contract!! He said the last couple of weeks showed him how much I really want that and through all the help from the CrackBerry Users he now even think its helpfull! A big thanks to every user who helped me!!!

Now I cant wait. I called my Host sister from my last year and she agreed that we can drive to the Sprint Store after arriving at the Airport
    For international calling cards, try a google search. I really haven't had any experience using them to call US to another country, but I've used them to call the US while in Malta. They're pretty much all the same I think!

Good luck!
    08-13-08 11:13 AM
    Sweet, i will give it a try soon, will let you know how everything worked out
    08-13-08 02:59 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD