I want to save my upgrade for the tour 2, my upgrade is in July about 6 months from now.

I sold my storm because I am tired of touch screen its annoying, slow, freezes, all of the 9530 problems. Its already sold on ebay auction has 11 bidders and ending in 1 hour.

I thought I could live with a normal phone but I cant. I guess I am a crackberry addict. So does anyone here on this site have a Verizon 8330 to sell?

There is a "good condition" one on craigslist for $75 dollars but I dont know if that is too much.

It comes with phone, battery, battery cover, wall charger, car charger and USB data cable.

Do u guys think $75 is too much for this?
    01-13-10 04:21 AM
    Check the going rate on eBay. I believe you will find that $75 is a very good price. In fact, I would be suspicious of a good condition Curve 8330 being sold for $75. You need to be careful buying on Craigslist, once the money is exchanged, you are often left with no recourse if your BB has problems.
    01-13-10 04:48 AM
    well i bought a old 8310, which was pretty used and in bad condition. i bought it as a backup phone. the only thing wrong with it was the housing and trackball... bought replasment ones, and it looks just like new.
    01-13-10 05:22 AM
    I want to save my upgrade for the tour 2, my upgrade is in July about 6 months from now.

I sold my storm because I am tired of touch screen its annoying, slow, freezes, all of the 9530 problems. Its already sold on ebay auction has 11 bidders and ending in 1 hour.

I thought I could live with a normal phone but I cant. I guess I am a crackberry addict. So does anyone here on this site have a Verizon 8330 to sell?

There is a "good condition" one on craigslist for $75 dollars but I dont know if that is too much.

It comes with phone, battery, battery cover, wall charger, car charger and USB data cable.

Do u guys think $75 is too much for this?
    I picked up my 8330 last year from eBay for $120 and it is in great condition. $75.00 is probably on the low end, so be careful.
    01-13-10 05:45 PM
    Last month, I picked up a used 8330 off of Ebay for $80.00. Cosmetically, it was not in perfect condition but works great. After installing a new housing and keypad, its just like a bran-new one! It did take me a while to find that good of a deal. I kept setting my max bid at $100.00, but kept getting outbid. Somehow I got lucky on this one. From what I have seen on Ebay, the "going rate" for a used 8330 is anywhere from $100.00 - $150.00 in decent condition. Pay anymore than that, and you are most likely getting ripped off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 05:54 PM
    I am on craigslist everyday, and I usually see 8330's for $100 to $125. Just make sure everything is good on it before you buy it. The esn, trackball etc. If I broke my phone and needed a new one I would buy a new one for $100 or less. Go for it!

01-13-10 09:43 PM
    I sold my 8330 for 250$ in 2 days... in Canada the Curve have a real good value
    01-13-10 09:50 PM
    Be SUPER careful buying from craigslist. Get the ESN and call your carrier to check on it before you buy so you know if it's got a good esn or not. Also check it for water damage when you meet the person you're buying it from.
    01-13-10 09:51 PM
    I'm super paranoid AND quite possibly crazy, but I do not ever get a phone outside of the carrier I contract with. HOWEVER, if I find myself in a situation where I have to, I'd be super careful. If I get a phone off of Craigslist, I'll have the person meet me at the carrier of the service to check out it's status before I exchange payment. I probably wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks. I'm a cheapie! LoL.
    01-13-10 10:47 PM
    I would probably go with eBay if I were you. You can get a good one for around $125, and you would probably feel alot more comfortable rather than buying from craigslist.
    01-13-10 11:03 PM
    If you are going to deal with someone from Craig's List then have that person meet you at a carrier's store location. If that person says no then don't do it.
    You would be better off dealing with someone on ebay.

I have the Tour. And I love it. I don't intend on switching for the Tour 2 My Tour is working just fine. You would like it.
    01-13-10 11:13 PM
    I picked up my 8330 on ebay mid summer for $150 and it was in excellent condition. I would be leary of only $75.

01-13-10 11:40 PM
    If you are going to deal with someone from Craig's List then have that person meet you at a carrier's store location. If that person says no then don't do it.
    thats the key right there. buddy of mine found a droid on craigslist for just below the cost of a brand new one, so everytihng seemed legit, but the guy wouldnt meet at verizon, so it it was a no go.

a few days later we saw another add saying that guy was a scammer and the phone was stolen... i got a good laugh out of it
    01-13-10 11:44 PM
    I just started using yesterday a phone billed as refurbished for $120. There is nothing about it that seems to indicate it is anything but absolutely new. That was the lowest I saw last week that appeared to be worthwhile. By the way I have had this for 2 days and am addicted to it.
    01-14-10 10:56 AM
    I would think a good curve is 100-150 now. But you need to be careful which everyone has stated above. ebay and paypal protect the buyer with cell phones just be sure it is with your carrier and comes with the stuff you want. charger , card etc...
    01-14-10 10:58 AM
    I bought my Curve, in brand new condition, off of Craigslist for $100. I met the woman at Verizon, they made sure it was good to go and we exchanged the $$. Also, I am a guy and the Curve I got is PINK, I figured a small price to pay for such a great deal. I just put a gel cover on it and it is all good!

01-14-10 12:32 PM
    Check craigslist. I just bough an 8320 a couple days ago for $70!!! I practically stole it. The phone is in great shape.
    01-14-10 03:37 PM
    I am a guy and the Curve I got is PINK, I figured a small price to pay for such a great deal. I just put a gel cover on it and it is all good!
    You know they sell full housings that you can put on your Curve?
    01-14-10 03:52 PM
    I just bought a used one from ebay for $66, the back was scratched and the owner complained that the track ball stuck all the time. He had bought it used from ebay as well. I got it because I figured I could clean the track ball or reinstall os to fix it, but so far it works fine. It also came with the house charger, car charger and charging pod which suprised me as it was not listed on the auction.
    01-14-10 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD