Ok I am thinking about wipping all the garbage off my phone that RIM has so kindly burned onto my phone ie stuipd ringtones and languages ect. But before I go messing with something I want to know just how much memory this could really free up? I don't want to mess with something if it's not broken nor do I want to break it. I have the instructions but really I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about the damage I could do if I mess it up lol. I am going to back up my bb so hopefully I don't loose anything but I don't want to do it if it's not going to be of benifit to me.

So how much memory on average could I gain by doing this?
    04-24-08 03:06 PM
    I had the same reservations the first time I did it, but once you have mastered the Applications Loader, it feels pretty good to be in charge.

Round numbers, you can expect 10+Mb increase in your File Free Space. That is more then enough to make the excercise worth while.

Worst case, come back and we will direct you to the "unbricking" FAQ.
    04-24-08 03:19 PM
    When installing the beta OS I removed all languages other than UK and US English, I didn't touch the pre-loaded media or anything and I went from having ~10-12Mb to having 24-26!
    04-24-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD